91/365 - Early Valentine's Present from Grandma and Grandpa
Originally uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel
Thought I was starting to feel better by the time the day ended. Jon and Isobel came by to pick me up. They also brought our flash into Nikon for them to look at; they'll give us an estimate in a week. Which means over a week without the good flash. I can't believe that we used to think the built in flash was fine.
On the way home we stopped and picked up a package for Isobel. It was her Valentine's Day present from Grandpa and Grandma. It's still a bit big for her, but she seemed to have fun pushing the chairs around, trying to climb onto the chairs (and eventually not needing help onto the chairs), and putting stuff on the table. So, I think it's a hit with her.
Isobel managed to get one of her diapers off by herself this afternoon. It was right after I changed her, and I don't think I put the diaper on as tight as it should have been, but she got one of the sides undone and stepped out of it. For the last few days, she's also been fairly successful at getting out of, or almost out of, her shirts and onesies by herself. Good thing it's starting to warm up here as I think she's going to be a naked baby more often if she continues on this path. And Jon and I will be finding her by the trail of clothes she leaves on the floor.
While Jon made dinner, Isobel and I had a video call with Uncle Matty. I'm used to only doing video calls with my parents, that I forget to use it when talking to other people on messenger until Jon reminds me. It's so much faster.
After dinner, Isobel and I took a bath while Jon had a shower. Isobel wanted out of the bath when she heard daddy, so Jon came and got her. Shortly after getting out of the bath, I was sick to my stomach again. So much for me eating Jon's favorite pasta of late again anytime soon.
Isobel was cranky for most of the day, so Jon got her to bed after I was sick and I started my write up and am drinking some hot water with lemon and honey to soothe my throat.
We have childcare planned for Isobel tomorrow. And I'm supposed to do a little job shadowing for the Olympic related duties I start on Wednesday evening, so I'm really hoping to make it to work, but have prepared people in case I don't. Feeling better now, so I may just limit my diet to liquids tomorrow to make it through the day.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 1 Feb 10, 7.58PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment