Friday, February 19, 2010

109/365 - Smarties!

Isobel was so crabby today. I managed to get the dishwasher unloaded, reloaded, and some dishes hand washed, but she was not impressed. And I paid for it most of the day. She may also be teething right now. But most of the morning was spent with her screaming at me and wanting to be picked up and her wanting to breastfeed. Oh well.....

We didn't even make it outside. I was hoping to go up to the courtyard after lunch, but plans fell through. She didn't want me to eat lunch, and was still really crabby. So I shared most of a popsicle with her and then she wanted to breastfeed; this time I relented and she started to fall asleep by 12:30pm. After almost half an hour, I carried her into our bedroom and laid down with her breastfeeding (of course) and we both dozed until 2pm. Jon got home and she was screaming again as I left her on the bed by herself so I could go to the washroom (I was still in her sight).

Jon ended up sharing some of the Smarties I got for them as a treat for tonight with her and she seemed in better spirits. In fact, I really didn't want to go to work as it was sunny outside, Isobel was finally in a good mood, and Jon was home. I haven't seen a lot of him this week with the shift work. And Isobel gave me a kiss kiss before I headed to work and was waving bye bye at me. I sometimes amazes me how she can drive me insane one moment and then remind me how much I love her the next.

Work is work. I had an interesting early evening. We had a Dutch group whose flight was early, late buses, and limited curb space. But it all worked out and was fun to be of help and do something that I don't normally do.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 19 Feb 10, 5.27PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment