Tuesday, February 9, 2010

99/365 - Olympic Torch Relay

Today is going to be a long day and tomorrow will feel even longer.

Jon had to work at 10am this morning, so he got up with Isobel and let me sleep another 45 minutes.

Isobel and I tried to get some more cleaning done today. Managed to get the dishwasher loaded and some dishes handwashed - including the bottle bits. A couple of loads of laundry done (less the folding and putting away - I seem to hate that part of laundry) and the kitchen floor swept. Plus clean sheets on our bed - will try to get to Isobel's bed soon.

After lunch, Isobel and I headed back down to the courtyard for her to play. She breastfeed/dozed at 3pm. And then we went for a short walk to pick up a pizza for dinner. She was not keen on the pizza, but loved the basalmic vinagrette I got with my salad, so much so that she ended up wearing most of it - I think she may have been trying to drink it.

Jon got home and quickly ate while Isobel and I got redressed - we were a bit messy from the basalmic vinagrette. And then we headed out to the Richmond Oval to wait for the Olymic Torch relay to go past. It was a lot of waiting for a 5 second view of the torch, and Isobel wasn't impressed with not being able to run free or the change to her normal evening routine. But it was fun to do something Olympic related with her. And we got these Coke bottles that light up.

We went home, put Isobel into her pajamas and started getting ready to put her to bed. We skipped her bath tonight.

And then I waited to go to work. Jon and I were able to view the fireworks at the Richmond O zone (aka Minoru Park) from our living room. The view was slightly better from the balcony, but it was cold out there.

Jon played PS3 while I watched and eventually, 10:30pm rolled around and I headed to work. It looks like tonight will be quiet. I'm just not looking forward to tomorrow - just over 1 hour of sleep and then up for the day with a toddler until Jon gets home just after 6pm and then I get to nap before being back at the airport for 11pm. I'm really hoping Isobel will let me take an afternoon nap with her!

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 9 Feb 10, 9.05PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment