Actually, it's been one of those weeks.
I couldn't sleep last night so it was almost 2am by the time I got to bed. Jon also had insomnia, so he played PS3 while I surfed the internet. Isobel then started crying at 3am so I crawled into bed with her. She wasn't up for too long this morning before Jon came in to kiss me goodbye around 7:30am. Shortly afterward, Isobel and I got up.
I managed to get a couple of boxes unpacked this morning, and a bit of laundry done before Isobel got too cranky. We then got dressed and headed out for a walk. Even though it was nice out we didn't go too far. Just to the mall. Bought Isobel a red Canada 2010 Olympic hoodie for our walks, a mango julius, and a $0.25 ball from Old Navy - she loves opening the container to find the ball more than the ball, but she held the ball the entire way home and then lost it the minute we walked in the door. We also picked up some bread items from Cobbs.
We took the park walk home, but no bunnies to be found on our path. Plenty of ducks though.
Made it home and made Isobel some bunny mac and cheese for her lunch. She didn't complain about them, but wasn't as excited about then as in the past. For some reason during lunch, she laid down on the floor (as pictured above) and started happily kicking. She was then a ball of energy. So much for my hope that she'd squeeze in a nap before Angel arrived. Isobel wasn't impressed that I stopped playing with her to start getting a few things ready for work.
She was just starting to get ready for a quick breastfeeding doze when Angel called to say she was running a bit late and ask if Isobel and I could meet her at the sky train station. So I ran around trying to get ready (and of course forgot stuff) and then had a coughing fit. Isobel and I headed out and then met Angel at the sky train. We traded off the baby and I gave Angel my house keys before parting ways.
Things were a little busy at work when I first got in. I took over the cell phone and radio duty and tried to sort out a couple of things that have been on going issues. Then did a walk about with Nathalie and showed her how to print off some passes that I haven't had a chance to get for her yet. Eventually made it back to the office, but most people had already gone home. Ate dinner and tried to get some work done before I had to head back to the terminal for meetings. Back at the office now, but have to run up to the terminal again soon to pick up some stuff and then I'll try to get some more work done. Stats are never going to be finished at this rate. Oh well..... I get to hand off the phone and radio in a couple of hours and then sky train it home. Plus I'm off tomorrow.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 4 Feb 10, 1.39PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment