Wednesday, February 3, 2010

93/365 - 15 Months Old

I was on baby duty last night. Not too sure what time she started crying and I crawled into bed with her, but she slept mostly until 6am although with lots of tossing and turning. I couldn't get her back to sleep afterward. So at 6:45 we crawled into bed with Jon as his alarm was set to go off in fifteen minutes.

Jon then got up and started getting ready for work. It was really cute, Isobel saw him putting on his shoes so she brought him her boots.

This morning, Isobel and I tried to get her fifteen month photo with her penguin, but she was crabby, so we went for a walk instead. I decided we'd check out the community health center. It was a little longer of a walk than I anticipated - about 30 minutes. But I was able to get Isobel weighed - 19 lb 12.5 oz with clothes on - and set up an appointment for next week to talk to a nurse about how to start weaning Isobel so that we're ready to try to eliminate breastfeeding at eighteen months. I'm getting the feeling that it's going to be harder than I'd like and might end up being convinced to go for an additional six months.

On the way home we stopped at the mall to get Isobel a mango julius and a couple of apple-pears.

When we got home, I was able to get Isobel's fifteen month photo. She had lots of fun playing with a roll of toilet paper and wiping the noses of her Olympic mascots. I suppose she's been watching me blow my nose a lot the last few weeks.

Isobel still ate some macaroni salad for lunch today, but she wasn't as excited about it as yesterday. Oh well....

I'm scared that she's starting to get sick again. Her nose has started running a little bit and she seemed cold to me today.

Angel came over this afternoon to play with (and watch) Isobel for us while I headed to work. I had to leave just after 2 in order to make it to work in time by skytrain and Jon didn't get off until 4pm.

Work had arranged to have Lori cover my shift in case I was still sick, so it was nice to have someone else around tonight and especially someone who has had an opportunity to do some job shadowing the day before. I'm on my own tomorrow night. I'm surprised how quickly this evening shift has gone by.

Hopefully, Isobel was a good girl for Jon this evening. I saw them briefly around 6pm when they dropped off my house keys. I really miss them!

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 3 Feb 10, 11.54AM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment