Jon had to work at 8am until 2pm today. And then I headed to work. This schedule continues for the next couple of days as well.
I tried to get some cleaning done this morning while Isobel played. She was okay with this for the most part, but before 10am figured it was time for me to pay attention to her. I managed to get the dishwasher loaded and turned on as well as fold and put away some clean laundry.
At 10am, we went downstairs to the courtyard for some outside playtime. It was nice and sunny, but still cold so we weren't out for as long as I had planned. When Isobel's nose started running we went back inside. I brought her grocery cart with us and filled it with some balls, her juice, my coke (that I didn't drink at work the night before), and a jello pudding for her snack. We also brought Sumi. Isobel would cart Sumi around and then place him somewhere when she got distracted. So now Sumi has some sand and butterscotch pudding on him.
Isobel wasn't interested in the lunch I made her. But she ate most of a yogurt and part of a bun.
At 1:30pm we laid down to try to take a quick nap before Jon would get home, but no luck. So we played instead. A friend, who currently lives in Edinburgh, Pieter had bought Isobel some play blocks for Christmas. Since he was unable to visit us when he was in BC for Christmas we didn't get the gift until Mason's birthday party. Isobel had fun playing with them while we waited for Jon. I'd stack them up, and then she'd knock them down and giggle or pick up one of the noise making blocks and shake it.
Jon got home and then drove me to work. And now I'm at work. I picked up Isobel a replacement Sumi. I'm not sure how long after the Olympics they'll be available and her current one is getting a lot of use. Later this week, or next, I'll pick up a replacement Miga to have as well.
Jon called me as well to brag that Isobel took a two and a half hour nap for him after dropping me off. He was a little worried though that she'd be up all night. I'm really hoping she's asleep by the time I get home from work though.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 17 Feb 10, 12.26PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment