Since Isobel was such a good girl when we moved, Jon and I decided we'd get her her own kitchen. She apparently loved playing with Annika and Ava's kitchen. So we set out to look for one at the toy store. And we didn't like any we found; they were plastic and expensive. Eventually, while looking at craft sites, I found homemade kids kitchen sets. I asked Isobel's godfather if he'd make us one for Isobel if we got the supplies. Well he made her one, and very quickly I might add, but didn't need any supplies from us. I guess he really loves Isobel. And it's such a cute kitchen. Plus it's a good size - she'll grow into it and it fits perfectly under the kitchen counter. And Isobel really likes it. Matty used some paint with iron on parts of it so it's magnetic. Thanks Matty; you're awesome!
I got home just after 7am today; it was really nice to drive home instead of taking sky train - 8 minutes versus 40-50 at that time of day. Isobel was snuggled up to Jon in her bed when I got home; to be more precise she had her but in his face. So I closed our bed room door and crawled into bed. And fell asleep.
When I woke up at 12:30, Isobel and Jon were out. They had went to visit with Uncle Matty so that I could sleep and Isobel could see her new kitchen. I quickly got dressed and then started playing video games. They got home shortly thereafter.
I tried to eat the chocolate cupcake Robyn sent us home with yesterday, but Isobel ate almost three quarters of it by herself. I guess if I had had a chocolate cupcake instead of vanilla yesterday, she may have actually shared with me then. The chocolate cupcake was very yummy; what I had of it that is.
This afternoon we picked up Angel and headed out to Park Royal for some shopping. Jon exchanged our version of Doctor Who: The Specials for a disc five that wasn't scratched. It was very frustrating the other day watching it to miss the last ten to fifteen minutes of the last episode. It took me a while to warm up to David Tennant as the Doctor, but now I'm going to miss him as the Doctor. Had I actually known what Doctor Who was, doubt I'd have ever wanted the first season, but I'm glad just the DVD cover and fact that it was British made me want it. I'm totally hooked now; which according to Jon means I have geek tendencies.
Isobel was so happy to see Angel; she didn't nap but spent the afternoon giggling and running around t he mall (we forgot to bring her stroller with us so it was nice to have an extra person to chase after her). Jon and I both got a new pair of shoes. We picked up a pair of gum boots for Isobel - they're her Valentine's Day present, but she can have them early. And a toy pot and pan set for Isobel's kitchen.
We drove Angel to work and then picked up a few groceries on the way home. Feed Isobel a dinner of chicken and macaroni salad while we ate leftover Thai food. Took a bath with Isobel and Jon's now putting her to bed. I'm really glad that I have tomorrow off as I'm tired.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 7 Feb 10, 8.02PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment