Monday, February 8, 2010

98/365 - Our Courtyard

I had today off as well. I think I could get used to having days off with Isobel. She has her crank y periods, but she is fun.

Today we tried to get a few things done around the house - a load of dishes washed, some laundry, etc. Didn't get everything I'd have liked to done, but oh well there's always another day.

In the afternoon, Isobel and I decided that she should try out her early Valentine's Day present from us - a pair of gum boots - since it had stopped raining. I debated about taking her to the park, but then remembered our courtyard that I had yet to check out, except from the window. So down to the fifth floor we headed and out into the courtyard. It's a very nice little area, that I think will be perfect for us this summer. There is a small playground area with equipment for 1.5 to 5 years old. Isobel already seems to enjoy the slide part of it. And she loved walking around outside. The boots were heavier than she's used to and might be a bit big as they fell off a few times - enough times that I'm glad we weren't in a wet park. She also loved picking up rocks and then wanted them in her pockets, which is something she started doing with Jon on the weekend. All of a sudden, while Isobel was picking up rocks, I seemed to recall that as a child I had at least one full ice cream bucket of rocks I'd collected. At least she comes by it honestly. Plus it's so much fun to watch how excited she gets by each discovery. We explored the courtyard for almost an hour. And despite a few close calls, she avoided the emergency exit stairs to the street level. It's not even officially spring and I'm already looking forward to grabbing a blanket, some food, and having a picnic in the courtyard. Jon did a really good job at picking a place for us to live in; while I miss some things (i.e. proximity to Kadoya, Baguette Time, Vancouver Aquarium) about our old place I prefer this one.

After getting back to our apartment, Isobel took a short nap, on me of course. And then I was able to get dinner made - chicken stew and biscuits. I get in food ruts and lately it's chicken stew, which isn't that different from the chicken pot pie rut that was before this one.

Jon gave Isobel her bath and is just putting her to bed. I'm back at work for a graveyard shift tomorrow night. Hoping that we'll be able to catch the Olympic Torch run tomorrow.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 8 Feb 10, 2.46PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment