Today went by very quickly. Jon ended up having to sleep with Isobel last night. We got up early and started getting ready for swim lessons.
This swim class, Isobel did much better. She climbed the steps for the pool's slide for the first time today by herself. She was very proud of herself (as were we). And I think she's much quicker and steadier than the other kids in the class who are either older than her and/or bigger than her.
The instructor also had the kids "walk the plank" which was walking into the pool on a floating carpet thing, and Isobel was one of the only kids who enjoyed it.
We got home from swimming lessons, and I quickly got a batch of baked beans in the oven. For some reason, I've been craving my Uncle Ed's baked beans so I figured I'd try to make them. I do not like canned baked beans, but liked the ones my uncle used to make.
And then we headed out the door to go to Jon's gaming day. He runs a gaming campaign once a month and Isobel and I usually go to it as well. We walked him in, and then Isobel and I headed across the street to the mall. We stopped at the tent giving out free cranberry juice and craisins first. We then made our way to Toys R Us. I ended up getting Isobel a toy Leap Frog cell phone that she seemed to like at the store. She also seemed to like a lot of really girly things and since Jon just got her a toy doll stroller, I was adamant that she get something more gender neutral this time. Next time, if she wants, she can get something girly.
We also picked up a Miga fleece blanket; that's not at all for me. It's Isobel's blanket, even though she doesn't like blankets.
Lastly, we picked up some lunch and brought it back to Jon. We then hung around Imperial Hobbies (where Jon runs his campaign) for a while and Isobel had fun running around the store. Eventually, I got paranoid that the baked beans in the oven were either burning or had created a fire so I decided that Isobel and I should walk home.
On the way home, I stopped into London Drugs to get a watch battery for my sports watch that I haven't worn in years but have decided will be usual for me at work this coming Monday. The clerk there, however, was unable to get all of the screws out to even find out what type of battery I needed. He did however let me know that there was a watch store a couple of doors down that may be able to help me. And they were able to. I now should bring in my other watch and get that battery replaced as well.
While in London Drugs, Isobel fell asleep. And she was still asleep by the time we got home, so I left her in her stroller and was able to tend to the baked beans (no, the place didn't burn down) and get a couple of things done before she woke up about thirty minutes later.
Jon got home and we watched a couple more episodes of Jericho. Isobel had some baked beans (which means we've found something else she'll eat that will give her some calcium since she does not like milk unless it's on cereal).
We then met Leo and Sonya for dinner at an Indian place they like. Leo's hoping to introduce us to the reasonable priced restaurants in Richmond that they like. It was really good and Jon and I were able to share a meal (we actually didn't even finish it) with some bread and appetizers.
On the way home we picked up some groceries. And now, Jon's just trying to get an overtired and cranky Isobel to bed.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 27 Feb 10, 4.14PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment