Jon took Isobel to her doctor's appointment this morning. It wasn't our regular doctor and this doctor thought Isobel was really well behaved at the doctor's office and was impressed when Jon said that she could say between 50-100 words. (Which I've started a list as I didn't think it was that many and she can say more than 75 words although I doubt that most people would be able to understand some of those words). The doctor suspects that it was a heat rash and it's clearing up.
Since I wasn't sure if there would be enough time for Jon to get to the appointment and then to Matty's to meet Cally I took some time off to look after Isobel.
They picked me up from work and then Jon dropped us off at home before heading to work. Jon suspected Isobel would nap shortly for me. He was wrong. She wanted a bottle and said she wanted to lay down with mommy, but after finishing her bottle, she was a bundle of energy and mommy needed a nap.
We went down to the courtyard for a little bit of playtime. Then came upstairs for some playtime on the patio. Then Isobel played in the bathtub with some toys. She kept wanting me to turn the water on for her. I think the plan of washing off the bubble solution she got all over herself from the patio worked and it didn't feel like a getting clean bath.
And then finally, just after 3PM, she was ready for a nap. In the picture, she's just about to start falling asleep. I ended up taking a nap with her. I did wake up before her and played on the computer for a few minutes before she woke up.
Spent some time trying to get her to pee on the potty after her nap, but no luck. The floor however was not an issue. She knows what the potty's for, but I'm not sure that she knows when she has to go yet. And I think I'm going to have to get a insert for the regular toilet as she seems a little more keen on that than her potty right now. I just have to remind myself that all kids eventually figure out using the potty, she will too with time.
Isobel helped me make meatballs and rice for dinner. Jon got home. We ate dinner. Jon took Isobel for a walk to the park to feed bunnies, and I made the filling for chicken pot pie. Hopefully, I'll have the energy tomorrow to make the dough, put it together, and then freeze it.
Jon's just finished putting Isobel to bed and I'm heading there myself.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 20 Jul 10, 8.58PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment