Monday, October 25, 2010

358/365 - Pumpkin Carving

Cally watched Isobel for us again today. Isobel is so excited to go see Cally on Mondays and Tuesdays lately.

Isobel and I went striaght home today; she watched some George while I tried to tidy up the living room a little. Jon got home and we all had dinner.

Jon got an email from the rental agent that the owners wanted to see the apartment on Thursday morning as they've heard reports that the place isn't selling because it's cluttered (why would I stage the aparment I'm living in so that they can sell it? And we have a toddler), that the carpets have spots (that were there when we moved in despite the rental agency paying a professional carpet cleaner to remove them twice), and that the shower has mold growing on it (I'll admit that the bathrooms do not get cleaned as often as I'd like, but there's no mold and the shower is usually not too much dirtier than when we moved in). I know this annoys me more than it should, and as Jon pointed out if I was the owner and heard things about the apartment I'd want to check it out myself too, but they have no right to say what state I keep the apartment in as long as I'm not doing anything illegal or damaging.

In the evening we carved our pumpkin. Isobel did not want to help remove the insides, but we conned her into it for this picture. She did not like the feeling. Jon did the actual carving while I tried to make some caramilzed pumkin seeds; didn't go so well.

It was my turn to put Isobel to bed and it did not go well. After an hour and a half of crying, Jon took over so I could go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment