Monday, October 18, 2010

350/365 - Purple Pepper

I woke up in the morning and had no recollection of Jon leaving to crawl into bed with Isobel. I'm also not sure if I pressed snooze on the alarm or Isobel turned the volume down. Oh well, I made it to work.

Cally watched Isobel for us at Matt's today. I was a little late getting there as there was a stall on the Queens borough Bridge and traffic was backed up. I visited with Cally and Isobel tried to use Matt's toilet with no luck despite drinking her weight in apple juice. Matt got home and we visited with him. And then left to pick up Jon from work. As usual we waited for him at Toys R Us, but they've gotten rid of their last plastic house. Isobel's not impressed; we played with the cars inside instead. And the wagon that I've been considering about getting for her birthday or Christmas but am now reconsidering due to her lack of enthusiasm.

After getting Jon we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items. Got home and made soft tacos for dinner. We used the purple pepper in the tacos. I can now say that I've eaten a purple pepper and that the red, orange and yellow ones are still my favorites.

We watched some Curious George and Isobel had lime jello for dessert. And then we read three George stories - I think Jon and I are going to be tired of Curious George soon, but Isobel loves him and "yellow hat".

It's Jon's turn to put her to bed. While I was uploading this picture, I heard them get out of bed so went to investigate. Isobel was pooping on the potty. I'm very proud of her; now to work on using the toilet when not at home. (Maybe the box of diapers we bought tonight really will be the last box as I've been hoping with the last few boxes).

No comments:

Post a Comment