Tuesday, October 12, 2010

344/365 - Sick Day

Isobel slept great last night; I, on the other hand, slept great until about an hour before my alarm clock went off when I woke up with the worst cramps I've had in a long time. I think either the turkey or the cranberry turkey stuffing didn't agree with me. By the time my alarm went off, I was still feeling horrible so I called in sick.

Jon let me doze on and off, when my stomach would let me get comfortable enough to fall asleep.

I got up and Jon got ready for work after shaving his hair. Isobel and I spent the day relaxing and working on potty training. Another accident while wearing pants, some while falling asleep/waking up, and one when she was busy playing with paints. But all in all it was another good potty training day.

We went outside to the courtyard for a little while. Then came back inside for some milk and a nap. Isobel napped for about an hour while I read and called the doctor's office to set up a check up for her second birthday.

We watched some Curious George and dyed some sugar pink. Isobel seemed to enjoy the pink sugar. We also ended up doing some finger-painting which lead to a quick bath.

And before we knew it, Jon was home. We had leftovers for dinner, I avoided the turkey just in case. And then we went down to the courtyard for a few minutes; Isobel noted how "dark" it was even with the lights on there.

We've read some stories, brushed some teeth, put on pajamas, and are now just winding down for bed. Jon and I may be able to squeeze in one more episode of Castle before I have to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment