Sunday, October 10, 2010

342/365 - What I'm Thankful For

My two loves, Isobel and Jon.

We had a busy day again today. We worked on tidying up the living room and kitchen in the morning. And then getting some food prepped for dinner.

Isobel convinced us to enjoy the beautiful weather and go down to the courtyard, or "park" as she calls it. We ended up taking some great photos of her.

We went upstairs to check on the turkey and turn the potatoes on. Jon made him and I lunch; Isobel had eaten before we went outside. Got some more food made and then Jon tried to get Isobel to take a nap with him. His plan backfired though as he ended up really tired and someone else ended up with lots of pep.

Jon's mom, her step-daughter, Jon's sister, and her two boys came over for a turkey thanksgiving dinner. All the food turned out really well (I was scared the turkey would be dry) and I learned that my daughter really likes brussel sprouts. Which makes me happy as I like them and Jon doesn't.

Jon played a couple of games with the kids and we had pie for dessert.

Isobel also had some successes on the potty today, even with company.

After they left we read to Isobel for a little while and then Jon put her to bed. Somehow he has gotten two easy nights as it took him about 15 minutes or less to get her to fall asleep.

Now I'm just waiting for our turkey carcass to cool down before throw the stock and leftover meat in the freezer for some turkey pot pie supplies.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment