Monday, September 27, 2010

329/365 - Mommy Day

Felt guilty all weekend for not spending enough time with Isobel and then had a nightmare Sunday night, so took a mommy day off of work at the last minute on Monday.

Isobel enjoys playing "baby" lately, where she's the baby and wants us to wrap her up and carry her around like a little baby. Or she'll turn any inanimate object into her baby. In this photo she's babying George.

The three of us walked to the park this morning, and then Jon left us to wander around on his own before heading to work.

Isobel and I went home, had a video call with the grandparents, and then tried to work on tiolet training. We had two big accidents, but three successes. Plus we went down to the courtyard for half an hour in big girl panties with no accidents.

Isobel took a nap; even though she said "me no sleep" I managed to get her to fall asleep in less than 15 minutes.

Jon arrived home to meatballs (not homemade ones though) and rice which Isobel helped make.

Jon and Isobel had a bath. It was my turn to put her to bed, and as usual did not go so well. I've decided that if she's not going to fall asleep for me at night I'm not going to lay down with her for hours on end. So I left. She cried and cried - mostly for daddy. When she finally left her room, I met her in the hallway; she did a really cute high pitched "hi" before I pointed her back to bed. I'd laid down with her for a couple of minutes and then moved to the floor for a couple of minutes and then left. Again, she was crying. The next time she got out of bed, I was at her door before she had opened it all the way. She was calling for daddy, saw me, said "mommy", and closed the door in my face. I got her back to bed, laid down with her again, and then realized she needed a diaper change. She was so excited for that diaper change, just to get out of her room. Eventually she fell asleep, still upset, with me sitting on the floor. I think overall it was under two hours. The goal is to be able to lay down beside her for a few minutes and then let her fall asleep on her own. Last time we tried this I caved with the crying and Jon said that he thought we should wait until she could communicate and understand better.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 27 Sep 10, 7.19PM PST.

No comments:

Post a Comment