Time to work on getting the write ups up to date. Robyn and the baby birds came over today to watch Isobel for us. As usual, Isobel had fun playing with Mason and Cordy. Here's she giving them kisses before we get ready to walk them to their car. A big thank you to Robyn for bringing the kids out to watch Isobel for us; she talks about Cordy and Cordy's mommy for the rest of the evening with us.
Jon had his first night back at gaming tonight, so Isobel and I met him at the mall to trade off the car with him. He grabbed the car keys, gave us both a quick kiss, and then left. We had dinner at the mall and then headed to the library to pick up a book on hold for me. Walked home through the park and stopped at the playground for a bit. Isobel didn't want to leave, but it was starting to cool down too much for my liking.
Bedtime was not fun. Isobel expressed an interest in going to bed before 8pm, so I made her a bottle and we went to lay down in her bed. Over an hour later, she was still awake and still kicking her legs. By then I had a headache. A short while later she was actually quiet for a couple of minutes, so I thought I may be able to sneak to the bathroom; no such luck. She woke up and looked at me, eager to get up. I told her where I was going, that I would be right back, and asked her to wait there for me. She said "yup". And then ended up coming to find me in the bathroom with her empty bottle. I sent her back to bed and returned the bottle to the kitchen before following her. And then the major battle of wills started. My rule with her is that she needs to at least pretend to go to sleep by having her eyes closed. She kept staring at me, so I told her I was leaving. I got out of bed and stood in her bedroom hallway listening to sobbing. When she calmed down, I crawled back into bed with her. Same routine of her not trying to go to bed and by this time my head was killing me. So I left her again, with her sobbing, but this time she stayed in bed. I took a tylenol and quickly checked something on the computer before trying again to get her to sleep. After a while, I realized that it wasn't working and just fustrating me, so I asked Isobel if she wanted to sleep in my bed. She jumped up and was out the door before I could change my mind. I changed her diaper, and we snuggled into my bed. She finally fell asleep, but I only dozed while I waited for Jon to get home. He got home around midnight, so I got up to talk to him in the living room for a little while. While there, a little Miss Isobel came out to see daddy as well. We didn't get her back to bed until after 1am and she refused to sleep anywhere except in our bed.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 9 Sep 10, 7.22PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment