I left work early today to look after Isobel. She had fallen asleep in the car when Jon came to pick me up and was still asleep when we dropped him off. So we sat in the parking lot waiting for her to wake up. Normally I have a book with me, but I didn't have one and was incredibly bored. After waiting for over 30 minutes, I figured I'd just go home and run my errands later. And of course, as soon as I started up the car Isobel woke up. So we ran into the mall and ran a couple of errands before heading home.
Isobel was clingy, tired, a bit feverish, and not feeling good. Her lunch and snacks consisted of freezies, frozen grapes and a few cherries. I tried to get her to eat something else, but no luck. We dozed together on her bed for a long time. She did not get into enough of a deep sleep for me to sneak off though.
We then quickly got ready to go pick up Jon from work. Dropped Isobel off at Cynthia's so that Jon and I could go watch Kate's play, Priscilla.....Queen of the Damned. I had been very tempted to cancel but Isobel was really looking forward to seeing Nicholas and I knew Cynthia would have no problems with a cranky Isobel. Plus I'm positive that the fever and laziness is from teething, not anything else.
The play was really good - vampires against drag queens. Kate had the title role as the vampire queen and did a great job. And of course, the Twilight series was made fun of. I'm really glad I went. April and a couple of her friends met us there as well.
Picked up Isobel and went home. She did have fun playing with Nicholas. Surprisingly she did not fall asleep on the car ride home, but it didn't take her long to get to sleep once we were at home. When she woke up the first time, I crawled into bed with her for the night. I really hope that these teeth cut through soon and stop make her uncomfortable!
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 19 Jun 10, 7.38AM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment