Went to work. Picked up Isobel from Matty's. April and her cousin Michelle watched Isobel for us. Dropped the car off for Jon to bring home, since he had the garage clicker. Isobel napped in the car for almost thirty minutes. We said a quick hello to Jon on our way home. Once we got home Isobel was clingy and whiny. I asked her if her teeth hurt and she said no, so I'm not sure why she was so needy. I had dinner just about ready when Jon got home.
After dinner, I went out for Bubble Tea with a friend for some mommy time. I had a real nice visit with Michelle, I do not see her often enough. When I got home, after 8pm Isobel was still up and not yet in pajamas; she tricked daddy into not getting her ready for bed. So I got her into pajamas, had her brush her teeth, and started to read her a story when she asked for milk. So Jon made her a bottle and put her to bed. He fell asleep while putting her to sleep, woke up and came to the living room to see me, and then fell asleep again on the couch.
Okay, that was the day. Now onto the topic of toilet training. How do you know when a kid is ready to begin toilet training? I've booked a couple of days at the beginning of July to work on toilet training with Isobel, but I'm not sure if she's ready. She's okay with sitting on the potty, although she never sits there long enough to actually go. She understands what it's for; yesterday after sitting on it she'd say "flush". And I suspect she may know when she needs to have a bowel movement, but I'm still not sure if twenty months old is too young for her. I suppose I should just take the days to try and if she's not ready try again in the fall.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 15 Jun 10, 8.53PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment