Friday, March 5, 2010

123/365 - Lunch with Daddy

I had today off. I managed to get a bunch of laundry washed. Isobel played with her new doll house and ball tent. She took a nap just before noon. She woke up in time to go meet Jon for his lunch.

We went to the mall for lunch and Isobel signed "more" for cheese. Both Jon and I were very proud and excited to be able to communicate a little better with her. It was the first time that she's signed "more" in a situation that we recognized. It seemed like Isobel was also excited that we understood her.

On our way home, we stopped at the grocery store for a couple of items.

Got home and put the groceries away. We then went downstairs to the courtyard for some playtime outside. Isobel discovered that if she held onto both of my hands she could walk up the board thing that leads to the slide. So she would walk up, slide down (with me mostly holding onto her), and then run back and grab my hands to do it all over again. This went on about half a dozen times before she got tired.

Just before Jon was due home from work, I let Isobel have some naked time. I had thought about giving her a bath, but Jon suggested that we just let her have some naked time and then put her in her pajamas as he suspects that the nightly baths may have aggravated her eczema. I packed up some of her clothes that are too small and unpacked the next size of clothing - some of which looks way too big still but I'm sure she'll grow into in no time.

While Jon was reading her her ladybug counting book, she would point at the duck and say "duck" so I figured it was a good time to get a video of it. Duck video. She then wanted to watch the video over and over again and would sign "more" and say "duck" until we played. Jon put her to bed with a bottle shortly thereafter.

Jon and I set down to play the new board game he bought yesterday, but instead ended up watching some more of Bones: Season Four.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 5 Mar 10, 5.28PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment