Thursday, March 4, 2010

122/365 - Smart Alec

Isobel was up at 6:30am again this morning. Jon slept with her last night after she crawled into bed with us. She was very good for him this morning. She sat on her bed and said "Daddadadada" until he woke up and then asked for "mum mum". He then asked her to lay down so he could change her wet diaper and she listened (she rarely listens to me for diaper changes during the day). He then told her that after he went to the bathroom they would go get me. So she follows him into the bathroom and he asks her to put her pajama bottoms in the dirty laundry and she does. And then they came in and woke me up.

After a bit, Isobel and I got up and let Jon stay in bed for a bit. Isobel wasn't too interested in her Cheerios either this morning. Later on, after Jon was up, I had some instant oatmeal which she helped me eat.

Isobel and I went down to the courtyard this morning so that Jon could vacuum without Isobel freaking out. And of course she wanted to bring her stroller and Miga. After a while, she abandoned her stroller. I then asked her to go get Miga, thinking she'd start pushing the stroller again. But no, she had to be a smart alec and take Miga out of the stroller and carry Miga, again abandoning the stroller. Oh well...next time I should be more specific.

We went back up stairs and Jon shared a banana pudding with Isobel. Jon dumped out our coin tin for sorting and Isobel had lots of fun helping. She got all of the Olympic quarters for her collection and all of the pennies went into her piggy bank (and not at all because we were too lazy to count the pennies).

We then decided to go for a walk. and grab some lunch. Ended up going to Imperial Hobbies where we got a boardgame (Small World) and a kids card game and then headed to the mall for lunch. We then ended up getting Isobel some toys - a Little People house, a small dump truck, some finger paints and paper (for rainy days), and a tent ball thing. She's only a little spoiled. But that's it for toys from us for a while.

Isobel fell asleep on the way back home and was still asleep when it was finally time for me to go to work for the afternoon. She almost woke up when I kissed her goodbye, but luckily for me she fell back asleep. (I don't think Jon would have been to happy to have a cranky girl on his hands).

Tomorrow I'm off with Isobel and Jon's back at work. I'm planning on trying to get some laundry done and clearing a bit of room in Isobel's room for my mom's stuff.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 4 Mar 10, 2.21PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment