Thursday, January 28, 2010

87/365 - Mommy's Night Out

I woke up in the middle of the night last night to find Jon playing on the computer. I went back to bed, but slept horribly.

After rushing home from work I arrived to a cranky baby. She didn't nap at all for Jon and apparently was ready for me to get home an hour before I was scheduled to. So she had one of her breastfeeding dozes for almost two hours. We then got up and I tried to get some food into her.

Just before 5pm, when Jon was leaving work, to make his way to the dentist for a root canal, I drove Isobel to Michelle's. Michelle had agreed to watch Isobel for me while I went to an awards dinner for work. When I left Isobel was crying.

The dinner was really nice and even though I had been hesitant about going I enjoyed myself. The guest speaker was Veronica Brenner who won a silver medal at 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake. I really enjoyed her speech, but ducked out after it as the award portion was starting as it was getting past Isobel's normal bed time and I was scared she'd be getting cranky for Michelle.

On the way to the car, I called Jon to see if he was home and to convince him to come with me to pick up Belly. He was waiting for me on the side of the road, watching a bunny on the grassy area. We got to Michelle's and yes, Isobel was getting tired. But she stopped crying shortly after I left and had a great time. Michelle said that she loved bbq pork and refused to eat anything else - I'll have to get the recipe from Michelle or find out where she gets her bbq pork from. Michelle's friend, Adela was also over with her boys, so Isobel had three boys (Michelle's son and Adela's two) to play with. They were impressed that she interacted well with other kids and adults despite not being in daycare.

Got home and of course, Isobel wanted to breastfeed. I read her the same story book twice and Jon's now putting her to bed with a bottle.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 28 Jan 10, 9.49PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment