'm sick. I hate being sick. As soon as a cold gets to my sinuses I'm done for. I also get really whiny when sick. I'm not sure how Jon puts up with me.
The cold kicked in full gear Sunday night, and as a result I didn't call my aunt to wish her a happy birthday. Jon dealt with Isobel so that I could try to sleep, however it's difficult to fall asleep when your nose won't stop running.
I called in sick to work, but said I'd try to make it in for an hour of Olympics training in the afternoon. Jon took Isobel out for a walk to pick up ginerale and popsicles for me. Although I think Isobel has laid claim to the popsicles already.
Jon drove Isobel out to Cynthia's for a play date with Nicholas and then came home to spend some time with me before we both headed out to work.
I made it to the Olympic training, but brought my roll of toilet paper as kleenex with me. After the training, I had to pick up my Olympic jacket. And then drove to Vancouver to pick up Isobel. I had thought of skytraining it, but Jon suggested driving would be better if it was raining. I think I should have sky trained it as my head was killing by that point. But we made it home. Isobel fell asleep on the way home.
Had a quick dinner of leftovers and then a bath. Then shared a popsicle with Isobel.
She's taken to carrying her little stool around with her if she wants to climb up on to things like the couch. It's really cute, but means we could be in for a lot of trouble. Especially now that Jon's also taught her how to crawl off the couch and also out of bed.
While on Facebook, I found a picture of Jon as a baby on some random person's photo albums. This person had lots of albums of old Bella Coola and credited this one as having been Pearl Snow (Jon's gran's) photos. I also found a picture of Jon's biological grandfather - he sure looks a lot like Jon's dad.
Isobel would not go to sleep for me. I tried a bunch of times, as I was exhausted but she was super hyper. She was still awake when Jon got home. So after talking to him for a bit, I left her with him and went to bed. Also, Jon's work finally gave notice of when they're ending the late shift - Feb 1. So we got an extra month of late shifts which is nice. From Feb 1 to Mar 23 I'm on an Olympic schedule with shifts, so I think we'll be okay with help a few days only until my mom comes out.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 18 Jan 10, 7.47PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment