sobel didn't sleep a lot for Jon last night. Just before I got up for work, she crawled over him and out of bed, wandered down the hall, and crawled into our bed. It looks like her fourth tooth is finally coming down; it's been poking out for a couple of months now, but hasn't really moved any. It's her top left second insicor. I had assumed that her other top incisor would come down first, but other parents did warn me that teeth don't always come in the order you think that they should.
My old boss, Myron, was in the office today. He now works for Edmonton Airport. It was really nice to see him and catch up. I can't believe that his oldest boy is now eleven as he was just a baby when I started working at the airport.
After work today, I picked up Jon and Isobel so that we could drive Jon to work and Isobel and I could pick up a few groceries. Jon mentioned that we needed some more diapers for Isobel and that they were on sale. It's really awkward carrying a basket of groceries, a toddler, a box of diapers, and a thing of toilet paper. The lady behind me in line up let me have her cart to get to the car, but I must remember to start getting a cart whenever grocery shopping, even if only planning on picking up a few items.
I manged to get one box of cloths unpacked with Isobel's help. We had dinner of cold roasted chicken and boiled carrots. Isobel didn't seem to mind too much, although she threw some of her chicken on the floor.
I bought some orange, peach, mango juice for me today. And Isobel kept stealing it from my cup. I water down my juice, so I figure it was fine for her and she seemed to really enjoy it.
We had a bath around 6pm. The last two nights I've been blowing bubbles (the outdoor kind) in the tub and she giggles like crazy. Tonight she kept wanting to dip the stick. I really have to look up how to make the bubble solution for when the container runs out.
In the picture above, Isobel is sitting backwards on her rocking chair and actually rocking it back and forth. I don't think I've ever seen her rock it so much on purpose before.
She was in bed by 7pm and asleep within 15 minutes. We got rid of the box spring when we moved (Jon's idea) and it's now so much easier to get her to bed. Now when I crawl out of bed it doesn't creak and wake her up.
I have just over half an hour until Jon gets home. Do I unpack or play video games?
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 13 Jan 10, 6.56PM PDT
No comments:
Post a Comment