So I've decided that today was the last day of breastfeeding. Unlike when we reached my breastfeeding goal (at eighteen months), I think I'm less emotional about the decision. I'm going to miss those times when she'd fall asleep in my arms breastfeeding, but it's time to place those memories with the ones of her newborn cries, her kissing herself in the mirror, her first steps, and so many other memories from her baby time. This coming week is not going to be easy on me or her. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to distract her from wanting to breastfeeding, but based on her actions lately it's going to result in a lot of tears. (She's taken to throwing mini tantrums when she doesn't get her way lately).
Today was a really good day. Isobel managed to sleep by herself until 5am. Jon wasn't able to get her back to sleep, so he changed her diaper and they crawled into bed with me. With the help of a bottle and some breastfeeding, Isobel managed to fall back asleep. She slept with her back pressed up against my back until almost 8:30am. It was a great start to stat holiday and I think both Jon and I were surprised to wake up before her. She actually may have slept longer, but Jon tried to sneak out of bed to get the camera and she woke up.
We lazed around the apartment in the morning and finished watching Lost: Season Four. Isobel was getting cranky, so we headed to the mall for some lunch. Stopped at Sears and picked up a pair of pajamas for Isobel (one of her current ones has lost the elasticity and as a result the pants fall off of her), a bubble gun (which Jon and I will enjoy as well as Isobel), and a nerf gun that Jon says is for Isobel but I know is secretly for him.
We then decided to go for a walk to check out the park at Granville and Garden City. The playground there was a lot nicer than the one closest to our apartment. Isobel had a lot of fun on the slide and I was beginning to wonder if she'd ever tire of it.
Isobel fell asleep on the way home. She woke up after we had been home for a little while and then crawled into bed with me and dozed while breastfeeding.
We had meatballs, rice, and mac and cheese for dinner.
After dinner, we went onto the patio to try out the bubble gun and to get some nice final breastfeeding pictures. I than had a bubble bath with Belly (she likes to breastfeed in the bath so I'll have to let Jon bath her for the next couple of weeks). Jon put her to bed, but she wasn't too keen to go to sleep.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 24 May 10, 8.50PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment