Sunday, May 9, 2010

188/365 - Mother's Day

Isobel did not let me sleep in, instead she wanted to spend as much time with her mommy as possible for mother's day so she woke us up at 6am. After lazing in our bed for a while we all got up and watched one of the videos we had rented yesterday and did not have time to watch. I had read the book "The Lovely Bones" years ago and wanted to see the movie. Since I could not remember many details of the book, I enjoyed the movie. It was not what Jon was expecting, but I think he also enjoyed it.

We then made some homemade perogies - with a sweet potato, onion and bacon filling. We frooze most, but fried up a few for lunch. I like the filling, but don't think I rolled the dough quite thin enough.

We then drove out to the Reifel Bird Sanctuary in Ladner and met up with Kate and Theo for a walk. Isobel had lots of fun throwing the bird seed on the ground and quickly learned to dump the container we would give her and ask for more.

In the afternoon we started the other movie we had rented. Jon ordered dinner up from the pub so we wouldn't have to cook. Took a break from the movie for a very quick dip in the pool and then finished the movie. Jon put Isobel to bed and fell asleep there. When I finished reading at 9:30 I went in and kissed them goodnight before going to bed myself.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 9 May 10, 8.31PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment