Sunday, May 16, 2010

195/365 - Playing with Dice

Isobel woke up early, but Jon was able to get her back to sleep for over an hour. They then came and woke me up so that Isobel could breastfeed. I convinced Jon to let me sleep longer so he and Isobel went out into the living room to eat breakfast.

After I got up, we tidied the house a little bit. Still have a lot more cleaning to do, but at least the garbage and recycling were taken care of.

Isobel was getting restless so we went down to the courtyard for a while. Isobel seemed to have fun playing with two little girls who also live in the complex (three and five year old sisters). Actually, Isobel mostly watched them running around, but she seemed to enjoy herself.

Went back upstairs and Jon made us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. We then waited for the noon apartment viewing people to show up. Since I didn't write the time down, but was really sure it was noon, we figured we'd wait until just after 1pm before heading out for the afternoon. While we were waiting, however, Isobel fell and got really upset. She wanted to lay down on our bed and breastfeed and ended up falling asleep. When she still wasn't awake around 2pm, Jon went out without us. He picked up Matty and used his Costco membership to do some shopping. He was looking for a little portable grill, but didn't find one. Instead he came home with a bunch of food. Jon and Matty them picked up Brian and Kayo and watched Iron Man 2.

Isobel slept for over two and a half hours which gave me some time to read and finish my book.

When she woke up, she asked for "Dad" a lot. We ended up going to the park for an hour to wander around and feed the bunnies.

I made Isobel and I some perogies for dinner. And mangoes and blueberries for dessert.

Jon got home while Isobel and I were in the bath. He just managed to miss the screaming as a result of washing (actually only the rinsing part) her hair. Jon brought the groceries upstairs and then took Isobel out of the bath.

We sat on our bed and read some more of Curious George. Isobel played for a while and then Jon put her to bed. I went to bed shortly thereafter and read the sequel to the book I had finished earlier in the day.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 16 May 10, 9.05PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment