I had today off as well. I figured it would be an easier transition for Isobel if she didn't have to do the commute and trade off every day this week. Plus I wanted to bake some cupcakes for her birthday party and figured it was easiest to do when Jon was around. Otherwise I'd be worried about her being at my feet and a hot oven opening and closing.
She started playing with the bowl I wasn't using and using her spoon to mix up her toys. She's going to be a very good helper soon.
We walked Jon to the skytrain on his way to work - after stopping at the mall for lunch and checking out the comic shop and Future Shop with Jon. And on the way home, Isobel fell asleep in the stroller. It kind of scared me at first as she was slumping forward and I didn't know if something was wrong with her. So I lowered the back of the stroller a little bit and nudged her to lay back and she fell asleep. She was still asleep when we got to the apartment so I left her in the stroller. She woke up within fifteen minutes of getting home though. Oh well, at least it was a bit of a nap.
We spent the afternoon playing, reading, and packing for her overnight visit to Auntie Alida's tomorrow night. Made mac and cheese for dinner again - it's easy and she'll eat it. But I do need to start finding other things to make.
Bopomo called to say that the pictures for our session last Saturday were ready, so Isobel and headed out with the car to pick them up. I didn't realize how miserable out it was when we left. Isobel had just fallen asleep when we got there and I dragged her out in the rain to walk the thirty seconds to the studio. And then she had also just fallen asleep by the time we pulled into our parking spot at home and was wide awake by the time we got to the elevator.
We had a bath and then got ready for bed. Kept trying to do a video call with my parents to show them the photos, but had difficulties.
Bed time again didn't go great. She thinks it's funny when I try to get her to sleep, so I have to leave her alone in her room for a few minutes to cry before she'll lay down and try to go to sleep. From that point she was asleep withing fifteen minutes. One of these days she'll learn.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 5 Nov 09, 1.50PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment