I had Isobel duty last night in order to let Jon get some sleep as he hasn't gotten a lot lately. Isobel tossed and turned less than the last couple of nights, but still woke up more than normal screaming and wanting to be comforted. Jon slept through my alarm when it went off - we use the radio station setting and since the power outage on Monday is set to static and not an actual radio station. Oh well, ended up an hour late for work. Since I've been working through lunch for the last couple of weeks I'm not too concerned about it.
Jon and Isobel brought me a sandwich for lunch and then we drove Jon to work. Isobel screamed most of the way home, unless I was talking or singing. Did not help the headache I had any.
She was whiny when we first got home, but improved as the evening went on. Had the usual video call with the grandparents, phone call from daddy, and bath. Plus we called Nana Althea to wish her a happy birthday.
Isobel is getting much better at using utensils on her own. Jon told me that she wouldn't eat her lunch today until she had tried to eat it with a fork on her own. And tonight, with dinner, she was actually successful at using the fork most of the time; she did still use her hands a lot too though. We used the fork from the really cute deer cutlery set the Schmids gave us when Isobel was born tonight for the first time.
She grabbed the juice box from the fridge tonight before dinner and ribbed the straw off it. Normally we water her juice down, but I decided to be nice and let her have one of the emergency juices.
She went to bed about the same time as normal, but fell asleep faster than normal. I'm really hoping that we're starting to get into a routine and that I'm getting better at recognizing when she's tired. I forgot to brush her teeth though - now that she has three I'm trying to work that into the bed time routine as well.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 25 Nov 09, 5.21PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment