Tuesday, November 3, 2009

1/365 - My Baby's First Birthday

I'm going to try to do a 365 of my daughter's second year. No guarantees that there will always be a write up though.

Today, my baby girl turned one year old. I'll admit to being a little sad that my baby is no longer a baby but I love the little girl she'd turning into.

I had the day off from work to spend some time with her today. But ended up bringing home some work to get done in the morning since it's month end and our first month with a new system. Hearing her laugh with Jon (he was trying to distract her so that I could work without interruptions) made me try to work as quickly as possible and reminded me of how much I love her laugh.

Today we walked to the nurse's health station to try to get her weighed, but the room for that is unavailable on Tuesdays. So Jon is going to try again tomorrow. And we'll have her weighed again in a couple of weeks with her doctor's appointment.

On the way home, we picked up a few groceries. Mostly stuff for her birthday party this weekend. And a cupcake since her birthday was today and I wanted photos.

We did a video call with my grandfather (he shares the same birthday as Isobel). And then it was time for Jon to head to work.

My second evening without Jon. It's going to take a while to get used to. I miss him and look forward to spending a few minutes with him when he gets home before I hop into bed.

I managed to make Isobel and I some grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner (I really need to get into the habit of cooking pretty quickly) and then we had a nice relaxing bath. Managed to get in a few stories and some playing. And take a few more photos of Isobel for her grandparents. And now it's time to wind down and get ready for bed. Here's hoping she goes down easier for me tonight than yesterday evening - I really miss Jon at bed time as more often than not in the last six months, he was the one putting her to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment