I feel like a horrible mother. Isobel ended up being sick on Sunday night and just waived all symptoms off with an excuse - she was tired because Brett and Kayla tired her out, she felt a little warm because we had the heat all the way up to dry the carpet quickier, she didn't eat a lot because she just wasn't hungry, etc. So that explains why she kept waking up and then falling back asleep before we went to bed.
She puked on Jon at midnight and I crawled into bed with her. She slept fitfully all night and actually didn't sleep a lot. Plus she was so hot to touch and I was freezing. Jon came into her room at 2am, so I could pee without her crying, and she puked again. Jon took over Isobel sleeping duty at 5am, while I emailed work to say that I wouldn't be in and crawled into our bed to try to get a few hours of sleep.
In the morning, Isobel still wasn't feeling great but was her usual happy self. Just after 9:30am the power shut off - I had forgotten that there was a planned power outage in the building. So we all got dressed and headed to the aquarium as I was convinced that our apartment would be freezing with no power. Isobel played a little bit in the kids section, but mostly just wanted to be held. And she hardly ate any of her grilled cheese for lunch. Afterwards, we went for a drive in hopes of Isobel taking a nap and trying to buy some time until the power was scheduled to be back on at home.
Jon took a family day and I slept for may four hours of broken sleep Sunday night. We headed home and relaxed for a bit. Jon watched the first Star Wars movie. Had a pancake dinner, which Isobel picked at most of a pancake, so hopefully that means she's starting to feel better.
After a quick bath with daddy, while I showered, Isobel got ready for bed. We watched the GI Joe movie we rented while Isobel and I cuddled on the couch. She fell asleep there with me and then once the movie was over, Jon put her to bed while I went to bed so I could get up for work the next morning, even though it was earlier than I'd normally go to bed. I heard Isobel get up a lot during the night though; I hope Jon was able to get some sleep.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 23 Nov 09, 2.36PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment