Saturday, November 28, 2009

26/365 - Daddy-Daughter Bath Night

I love weekends now more than ever, as it's the only real family time we have. Jon was a sweetheart last night and let me sleep; have I mentioned lately how much I love him? He got up with Isobel at 11:30 pm and had to give her a bottle to get her back to sleep, but then she slept (with a bunch of tossing and turning) until after 8am. I'm so proud of her. Jon said that she kept snuggling up to him, so she must have been cold. I really wish she would learn to love blankets as much as I do.

Isobel was cranky this morning, so we decided to go for a drive to get her to nap. We drove around Stanley Park a few times, and then decided to go get groceries, as Jon and I were starting to feel tired too. On the way out of the park, Jon heard an ad on the radio for Old Navy jeans on for $20. Since it sounded like a good price to us, we decided to head to Park Royal to get some jeans and pick up our groceries from there.

At Old Navy, Jon got two pairs of jeans, I got one and a shirt, and we got Isobel two pairs of fleece pants. Then we went to Whole Foods and Extra Foods to pick up some groceries. We were going to get a bottle of raspberry ginger ale (my favorite pop), but there wasn't any there and I didn't get any of it at Isobel's birthday party. Oh well, another time perhaps. Although we're trying to be better at not drinking a lot of pop, and trying to keep it out of the house, so now only get it if we have company coming over.

After all of that, we were too tired to go swimming as originally planned. I'll have to try to take her one evening by myself or force us to go next weekend.

Cooked a chicken, mashed potatoes, and carrots for dinner. Jon had a bath with Isobel, while I made a pie type thing with most of the leftover chicken for the freezer. I'm now just boiling up the chicken, while Jon gets Isobel to sleep. And then we'll finish watching the movie we started last night.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 28 Nov 09, 7.31PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment