Tuesday, November 17, 2009

15/365 - Visit to the Pediatrician

I left work early today to take Isobel to her pediatrician's appointment. He's happy with her development and only have to go back if referred back by our doctor for some reason. Isobel had fun walking and crawling around the hallway there. And then freaked out during her examination. I can't remember the last time I heard her cry so loud; Jon figures it was too soon after her vaccinations on Saturday and she thought she was going to get more needles. My poor baby. Dr. George recommended that we try to get her off the bottle soon and that we switch from formula to whole milk.

After her appointment, we drove Jon to work. And then went to the grocery store for some groceries. Isobel slept in the car on the way home.

We had a dinner of mac and cheese with some chicken and then a mandarin orange for desert. Isobel actually ate most of the orange and only let me have about three wedges of it. I guess I should have bought a box instead of a few. Next time. Isobel also had some milk in a sippy cup with her dinner; she didn't seem impressed with it. But we'll try again tomorrow.

Had a bath and then got into her pajamas. I put her in her robot pajamas that her daddy picked out her her; it was less of a fight than it normally is getting her into her sleepers.

She was very happy to play with the lid of her juice bottle. She kept wanting me to take the bottle off so that she could put it back on - she just has to learn to turn it now. And then she put the juice container in the tv stand with her books (pictured below as the alternative day photo).

I managed to get her to sleep by only breastfeeding instead of giving her the bottle she normally gets. Jon and I are going to try to see if we can get her down to one bottle a day - the one she gets when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

I ended up falling asleep with her and then got up shortly after Jon got home. Now time for me to go to my bed.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 17 Nov 09, 5.04PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment