Thursday was a busy day at work. Work seems to keep getting busier and busier and it's hard to get everything done when I am not able to bring work home most nights due to the baby. Oh well.....eventually everything at work will get done and hopefully after the Olympics things will slow down there for a bit.
Since Jon took some of his holiday time to go to Thursday night gaming, Isobel and I decided to stay in Richmond until he got off and drive to gaming with him. My work was having a 2010 Hours Party, but it was for employees only. Isobel crashed it for a few minutes so that Brett could show her off to everyone. Michelle held her for a bit and fed her a strawberry (which Isobel seemed to really enjoy as she crammed the whole thing in her mouth). And a carrot that Isobel enjoyed dipping into the dip on Michelle's plate and then eating; she also liked gnawing on the carrot. Since Isobel wasn't supposed to be at the party, we didn't stick around for too long.
I headed over to the Richmond Aquatic Center, but the teach pool was closed until 8:30 pm. So we headed to the mall for dinner (the ladies at the food court were surprised that Isobel was only one and already eating grilled cheese sandwiches) and then a quick shopping trip. Only had time for one store (and bought Isobel a really cute sweater) before it was time to go pick up Jon.
Isobel and I ended up staying at Jon's gaming as he figured it would be a shorter session this week than the week before. But around 8pm, Isobel started getting really cranky so her and I headed home and left Jon with the bus pass.
It took almost two hours to get Isobel to sleep and a lot of crying. It was very frustrating since she's been going to sleep really well for me lately. And even more frustrating realizing that it was my fault as she missed her normal routine and was overtired. Oh well, looks like I'm spending most evenings at home from now on. Although, I'm still planning on going to a few Christmas events with Isobel in December, but will not stay as late as I might have previously and will skip some until another year.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 19 Nov 09, 9.42PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment