Friday, November 27, 2009

25/365 - Slice of Lime

Last night didn't go great. Although it could have gone a lot worse. Isobel can get out of bed, and screamed because someone wasn't sleeping with her. She also had a poopy bum, which is the first time ever that she's pooped after being put to bed for the night, and hence required a diaper change. And then when I went in to check on her before going to bed, she woke up, so I ended up sleeping with her until about 3am when I switched places with Jon.

I had today off. It was the last baby Mother Goose session. I'm really glad that the lady (Jennifer - one of the teachers) at the pool that day convinced us to sign up for it. I think Isobel has really enjoyed the sessions and I'm planning on trying to sign her up for the toddler session that starts in January.

After Mother Goose, we drove out to the airport so that Isobel would nap in the car and we could visit with Jonah, Brian's puppy as he was in the office that day. Isobel is still not impressed with small dogs, but I'm hoping that the more she's around them, the more comfortable she'll be.

We went for lunch at Milestones as one of my coworkers had sent an email out earlier in the day seeing if anyone wanted to go and as a result I was craving it. Since I wasn't sure we would make it in time to join my coworkers, and I wasn't sure if any of them would have an issue spending their lunch hour with a teething, cranky baby, we sat on our own. My apple juice, which I intended to share with Isobel, came with a lime. She freaked out until she was allowed the lime. Despite the face in the picture, she held onto the lime for quite a while, and kept putting it back in her mouth.

And as usual, we drove Jon to work and Isobel napped on the way home. The usual video call with the grandparents, dinner, phone call from Jon, and bath occurred. However, tonight Isobel was tired a little earlier than normal and wasn't yet entirely in her pajamas when she started falling asleep at the boob. I then put her in her bed and ended up laying with her until she was asleep. Hopefully, she sleeps longer than she did last night.

Now I'm waiting for the bottle bits to finish sterilizing and for Jon to get home so we can cuddle on the couch and watch a movie.

Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 27 Nov 09, 3.50PM PDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment