I called in sick to work this morning. I had a huge headache and just wanted to sleep - thanks to the antibiotics and mastitis. I then proceeded to sleep in a lot longer than I sleep in even on weekends.
I managed to get up and get dressed and walk Jon to the sky train with Isobel and grandma. Jon had a massage appointment with Kate at her clinic, Serenity, before he had to work.
Grandma, Isobel and I then wandered around the mall for a while. And the eventually headed home through the park. Isobel ran around the park looking for bunnies, geese, squirrels, and ducks to feed carrots to.
When we got home, I headed back to bed and took a nap for almost three hours. Just as I was waking up, Isobel came into breastfeed and nap. After Isobel woke up, grandma and I watched an episode of Bones on her laptop. And then we headed down to the courtyard to enjoy the nice weather.
Isobel blew on her first dandelion. And then wanted more, but it was the only one I could find. She also fell on the path and managed to scrape her nose.
I left just after five to walk to Jon's work and meet up with him for the fourth date night this week. We picked up a couple of things from the grocery store and then walked to this Vietnamese place on Three Road near Granville that I occasionally go to for lunch and that Jon's never been to. As usual it was very good.
We walked home through the park and saw that the lake also has turtles and koi. Isobel and grandma were looking out the window watching for us.
Isobel had fun throwing a beach ball around the house. Jon and her had a bubble bath. She admitted that grandma packed her in grandma's suitcase when Jon and I were out (at least she answered "yup" when asked that question). And then she breastfeed for a tiny bit off the infected breast; I think the drugs are working as it was not as painful as it had been. I had managed to avoid using that breast all day, but do not want my milk supply to dry up yet. Although, I am partly wondering if this is a good excuse to stop breastfeeding her. And Jon's just putting her to bed now.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 29 Apr 10, 8.21PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment