Blog this photo
42/365 - Buns
Isobel goes through phases with food. She'll eat something everyday and only eat that thing. Usually, it's more than one thing, but it's still annoying. Right now all that I can get her to eat with a lot of success is bananas, grapes, melon, and buns. Yesterday Angel was surprised to watch Isobel eat two buns by herself. Oh well, eventually she'll learn to like veggies as well.
Today was a busy day at work. I was either in meetings or training all day long and only saw my desk for maybe two minutes. Plus things in my office area are supposed to be re-organized tomorrow and I'm still not sure if I need to pack my stuff up there to facilitate the moves. Oh well....looks like I'll be throwing stuff from my desk into boxes at the last minute if required. Plus I'm hoping to see a more finalized copy of my Olympic schedule to start planning for required childcare.
On the way home, Isobel and I stopped at the pool. And yes, my bathing suit was there. I still feel stupid for forgetting it - I was so worried about making sure Isobel was warmly dressed and that we didn't forget any of her things, that I forgot I had my suit hanging in the change room.
Isobel freaked out when I started getting the kitchen garbage ready to go out. But when I went out into the hallway to the garbage chute she followed me and was fine. As soon as I opened up the cupboard to put a new garbage bag in the container she got upset again. So I saved the bathroom garbage for later even though it desperately needs emptying.
Isobel went to bed early tonight - just before 7pm - and fell asleep really quickly. I was able to sneak out, throw a load of laundry into the dryer, and wash most of the dishes. When I was almost finished the dishes, she woke up crying. I quickly finished the last few dishes and then crawled back in bed with her. Within minutes she was snoring again and I was able to sneak out. I had just turned on the pot to sterilize her bottle bits and the kettle to make myself some tea when she awoke again. So I turned everything off and crawled back into bed with her again. This time I refused to breastfeed her, so it took a little longer for her to fall asleep, but eventually I was able to sneak out again. Now I'm just hoping that she's down for the night or, more realistically, at least a good three hours.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 14 Dec 09, 3.59PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment