This morning was spent changing the sheets on Isobel's bed and trying to pack up a few things in her room. And then the fire alarm went off. Off course, we were all still in our pajamas. So Jon got him and Isobel dressed while I threw a couple of clothes for her in the diaper bag and got myself dressed. By the time we got to the ground level, the alarm had stopped.
It was snowing outside and I didn't want to wait for the elevators to be turned back on, and try to fight for a spot on one; so we walked the two blocks to the crepe place Jon likes for lunch. Isobel wasn't interested in the eggs from Jon's crepe, or even the crepe itself, but she did drink most of her apple juice and ate most of the banana that was inside my crepe.
When we got home, we packed up to go swimming since it's been a couple of weeks. We picked up Angel on the way to the pool. I was hoping that the teach pool would be just a tiny bit warmer than it was. But it was still a lot of fun. It's great watching how excited Isobel gets to be in the pool. But a little scary as she wants to take off and doesn't realize that she doesn't know how to swim yet and a two foot deep pool is very deep for someone her size. As soon as we got there she seemed to recall all the fun she had on the slide last time, and b-lined right for it.
After our trip to the pool, Angel came back to our place so she could keep Isobel entertained while we took the crib apart. Her room looks so much bigger without the crib. Jon and Isobel drove Angel to work, while I quickly vacuumed. Jon and Isobel had a bath and then we read a chapter of Narnia. And I realized that I left my bathing suit at the pool. One was found matching the description I gave when I called, but as I can't remember the brand they're not sure it's mine. I'll try to stop tomorrow on my way home from work to see. I really hope it's mine as I hate bathing suit shopping and really do not want to have to go buy another one.
And Jon's just trying to get Isobel to sleep for the night. Why do weekends always go by so fast?
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 13 Dec 09, 6.55PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment