I started work at 3:30am to change our credit card merchant number at work - it's a long story as to why, but made for a tiring day. As a result of starting so early, I was able to leave work at 11:30 which meant that we didn't have to worry about a sitter for Isobel. Jon had told Isobel to be a good girl for mommy and to take a nap with mommy. So we were in bed by noon and sleeping. Unfortunately, every time I got into a good sleep, she'd wake up. By 1pm she was wide awake and I was more tired than when we started sleeping. But I got up and we went for a walk to the library. I took out a real cute book on sewing aprons and then we grabbed some fruit from Kins (grapes and cherries) and had a late lunch at the mall. Isobel stole a lot of my sushi (california rolls) as well as ate her edamame. When we got home, I decided to make some apple dumplings since Jon's never had them before. Isobel decided to help me make the dough. I wasn't happy with the way the dumplings turned out; that's what I get for mostly following a recipe off the internet, but they did taste good. Jon arrived home to a bouncing Isobel asking for "pie pie". We just relaxed and watched some Doctor Who before putting Isobel to bed.
Uploaded by Brandi, Jon and Isobel on 19 Aug 10, 8.28PM PDT.
No comments:
Post a Comment