Tuesday, November 30, 2010

4/52 - Lion's Park

It's been a busy week.

Michelle watched Isobel for us on Wednesday. In the evening we went to the mall and picked up some clothes for Isobel from Grandma and Grandpa Walker, including a really cute penguin toque. Jon had also managed to get an exta fob for our new apartment so we were able to go take a look for our parking spot and at the clubhouse.

On Thursday, Angel came over and watched Isobel for us. We also had a nice pile of snow arrive. In the evening we headed over to Park Royal for some shopping.

On Friday, I left work early and Jon took the day off. We got the keys to our new place and started moving stuff over. Michelle came over again to help watch Belly. Jeff and Louise came out in the evening to help us move some stuff with their truck (the tv, tv stand, 2 night stands, and Belly's bed frame). It was a big help. We then went out for a Vietnamese dinner.

On Saturday, we ran a couple of errands in the morning. Isobel asked for George a lot (he's on vacation right now as the TV is at the new place, but the internet isn't hooked up there yet). Matt came over with his truck to help us move and April came over to watch Belly. We got a lot of items moved over (the rest of Belly's furniture, the pie safe, 3 bookcases, the couch, our mattress, our dresser). I'm so glad that they were able to help; April spent most of her time playing with Belly in the new bath tub. We ended up taking a break in the early afternoon and ordering some Thai for an early dinner/late lunch and playing a couple of games. Since our beds were at the new place, we spent the first night at our new house.

On Sunday, we took the above picture (Isobel in front of the lion statues at our building's complex), went for a walk to the grocery store, and then headed to the old place to collect a few things. Decided to take it easy for most of the day as Jon was tired from moving things the previous couple of days. He has the next couple of days off to move boxes over to the new place.

Jon drove Isobel out to Matt's on Monday for Call to watch her while he went and moved boxes. I went to work (it's month end and there's lots to do) and then headed over to the old place afterwards for more packing, organizing, and a little cleaning. Managed to get the ensuite bathroom emptied and cleaned as well as Isobel's room. Isobel called her empty room her "cave". Jon and Isobel picked me up and we had leftover pizza for dinner.

Isobel is adjusting to the move better than I expected. She really seems to like the new place and alternates between calling it "new house" and "daddy's house". On Sunday, just before her first bath in the new tub, she went to the front door and asked to go her her house, but was fine when I told her that this is her new house now. Although Monday night was not so great. She took an almost two hour nap during the day for Cally and didn't want to go to bed even though she was tired. I tried to put her down at 8:30pm, but she didn't want to stay in bed, kept calling for daddy, asking for her house, and saying she's a little baby (I guess with that I should have realized that she's having difficultly adjusting). Since she wasn't asleep within 30 minutes, I started getting fustrated and figured she could try to fall asleep on her own then. Which leads to her sobbing and continously getting out of her bed to come find me. I ended up laying down with her again when my cell phone rang at 10pm. It was the guy who's supposed to fix a couple of things in the apartment (Jon answered it). Jon ended up taking over with Isobel; we all sat on the couch for a few minutes and cuddled as Jon suspected that the move was bothering Isobel and that's why she wasn't falling asleep and then she got scared with me leaving her. I really wish she would sleep better; some nights are great and then others feel like a battle. None of us fell asleep until after 11:30pm and Jon ended up sleeping with Isobel.

On the plus side, we're using the move to eliminate Isobel's bedtime bottle and that's going well. She asks for milk at bedtime, but doesn't seem to get too upset when we tell her we don't have any.

We will have to get a few things for the new apartment. The first item will probably be an extra door lock thing (for the top of the door), since Isobel can reach the handle on the new door and it's really light. I figure it won't take her long to figure out how to unlock the deadbolt.

Jon had Tuesday off as well to move boxes. He brought Isobel out to Matty's for Cally to watch. After work, I went back to the old apartment for more packing and cleaning. I really want to get the old apartment empty and cleaned as soon as possible so as not to drag out Isobel's time with two apartments.

On Tuesday evening, we met up with the Oakley's for dinner at Spaghetti Factory. Had a lovely visit with them; it was really cute watching Elora and Isobel watch each other and share crayons. Headed home and got ready for bed. I went to bed before Isobel as it was Jon's turn to put her to bed. He woke me up when he came to bed as I had rolled onto his side of the mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment