Tuesday, November 9, 2010

1/52 - 24 Months Old

On Wednesday, Isobel turned two years old. Jon and I had both taken the day off work to spend with her. We had great weather and were able to spend a couple hours at South Arm Park where Isobel had fun on the slides and swings. We spent a bit of time in our courtyard working on Isobel's trike ride skills and then headed off to Amy and Bram's to meet their new baby. Picked up Brian from downtown and headed to Park Royal for some shopping. We got Isobel a new pair of winter boots as she's outgrown her shoes (she's now at size 6.5). On the way home our car died again, despite Jon just picking it up fixed on Tuesday. So Isobel and I walked to the nearest sky train station to get home while Jon waited for a tow truck. We got home five minutes before he did. Isobel was allowed to stay up late and sleep in our bed.

I ended up taking another day off on Thursday thanks to car issues. Robyn and the kids were nice enough to come out for a visit so I could get a little packing done. We took the kids to the park while the house inspector was there for the new owners. Isobel was super clingy most of the day - not sure if she's upset with us moving, tired, not feeling well, or just simply two. She took a bath in the evening and didn't want to get out. Jon put her to bed, and she woke up within a couple of hours screaming; maybe the large pile of boxes in her room was disurbing her. I ended up bringing her into our room and had a couple more screaming incidents before Jon came to bed at midnight and I went to sleep in Isobel's bedroom.

I keep wanting to post this picture as welll; being in the habit of a 365. Using the first day for the first week shot was maybe not the best idea.

On Friday, I returned to work. Jon forgot to take Isobel to ballet lessons and without a car, the windy weather would have made for an interesting walk anyways. She still has two more classes that we'll bring her to. While waiting for Jon to get home from work, Isobel and I ended up finger painting. While the bath water was running, and I was trying to clean up the paint from the living room, Isobel sneaked into her bedroom and crawled under the covers. Normally, I wouldn't have minded, but she was covered in paint. Since her sheets still weren't dry at bedtime she slept with us again.

On Saturday, we took Isobel to the doctor for a two year check up. She's still small - in the 10th percentile for her age. She's 81cm tall and weighs about 23 pounds.

Jon went home to do some packing and Isobel and I met up with Cynthia and Nicholas to check out the Baby and Family Fair. It was significantly smaller than last year, but still fun. On the way home, when I asked Isobel what her favorite part was - getting her picture taken, sitting on a Vespa, playing in a bouncy pirate ship, getting her face painted, having a balloon thing made for her, or playing with Nicholas - her answer was Nicholas. Jon picked us up at the sky train station and Isobel fell asleep on the three minute car ride home. Jon managed to get her onto the couch were she napped for over an hour.

Daylight savings on Sunday; and of course Isobel has no concept of it and is up early. Oh well, an extra hour in the day is always appreciated, even if it's not spent sleeping. We walked to the library and grocery store in the morning. Jon and Isobel checked out an apartment for rent right around the corner from us; but it was small and the carpets were yucky. So Jon will keep looking for us. Isobel and Jon fell asleep on our bed in the afternoon; it was really cute as Isobel wanted to be naked like daddy. She woke up about 30 minutes into the nap as she started peeing and I woke Jon up to throw our sheets into the washer. Isobel finished peeing on the potty and then fell back asleep on her bed for another 90 minutes while Jon and I played a game of Castle Ravenloft. Jon's making beef stew for dinner while Isobel and I watch George.

Monday was back to work. Cally watched Isobel for us today. On the way home Isobel was cranky; she didn't want to pick up Jon but wanted to go home, until we drove past the toy store and then she started sobbing that she didn't want to go home. Kids!! Jon's mom brought us over some packing boxes in the evening and Jon went to check out an apartment; he was impressed with the size of the place but the landlord wants basically a full month's rent as a deposit (which is illegal), so we're going to keep looking for now. Jon fell asleep putting Isobel to bed.

On Tuesday, since it wasn't raining in the morning, I decided to walk to work. Made it most of the way there too before I called a coworker to pick me up for the rest of the way (maybe 10 minutes more). Ended up with a horrible headache before work ended. Got home after picking up Isobel (from Aunty Cally) and Jon from work, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment