On Wednesday, Michelle watched Isobel for us at the new place. Isobel and I went for a walk in the evening to pick up Jon from work and then we did a little grocery shopping.
On Thursday, Robyn and the baby birds came over to watch Isobel. Isobel was a little apprehensive about sharing her toys with them; hopefully she gets over that phase quickly and it's just a result of adjusting to the move. In the evening Michelle (from my work) watched her for us while Jon and I moved over the phone, computer, and desk to the new place.
I used holiday time to leave early on Friday to watch Isobel so that Jon could go to work. The Shaw guy came over to hook up our phone, cable and internet. I had to wait for Jon to come home and fix the settings for Netflix, so still no George for Isobel. In the evening, Michelle watched Isobel for us again. Isobel had lots of fun with Michelle's son, who was fabulous with her; I can't believe that he'll be in high school next year! Jon and I were able to get a couple of loads moved over, including the mirror for our dresser and the Windsor chair so that we have an adult sized chair to use at the computer (Isobel's little pink metal chair was uncomfortable).
Isobel also turned 25 months old on Friday. After getting home in the evening we took this picture of her in pjs with her penguin. It was my turn to put her to bed (at 10pm), after letting her watch some George. I fell asleep in her bed.
On Saturday, we had a lazy day and ignored the old apartment. We ran a couple of errands in the morning. I tried to make some dried citrus fruit so that I can make a Christmas garland for our new fireplace (I'm trying to be a little more "green" with my decisions for Christmas).
I'm releasing this photo early: I"ll finish the write up during the week.
On Sunday, we dropped Isobel off at Jon's mom's place and borrowed her van to finish moving the furniture. Isobel was starting to get a cold and by the evening I had it was well. I ended up going to bed at 7am, but was too feverish to get comfortable. Jon was up most of the night with Isobel who also had trouble getting comfortable.
I got ready for work on Monday morning, went in to blow a kiss goodbye to Isobel and Jon but Isobel was awake and wanted to be picked up by mommy. After picking her up, I realized that I had just spent all my energy for the day and called into work sick. I tried to get Isobel to go back to sleep with me in our bed, but no luck so we got up and watched George until Jon woke up. I then crawled back into bed and slept for almost three hours. Jon went to work and Isobel and I stayed home. Having a sick toddler when you're sick is not fun. Plus I couldn't get her to nap. I eventually put her to bed around 8pm and she was asleep quickly. Although another night of her waking up a lot.
Jon had Tuesday off so him and Isobel headed downtown to visit his old coworkers. I went to work, still not feeling great, and then left early to clean up the old place. Just have the bathroom left to clean and then it's done. The repair guy came to the new place in the afternoon to fix a couple of things. Isobel was crabby. She took a bath before dinner and went to bed early again. Although none of us slept very well once again.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
5/52 - 25 Months Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment