On Wednesday, Angel watched Isobel for us at her place downtown. Isobel had an accident there so Angel washed her clothes. They had fun playing with Angel's guitar and Hungry, Hungry Hippos. After work I took the train to pick up Belly. We went to the playground near Angel's place and I ran to the grocery store to pick up a couple of items. Angel gave Isobel a harmonica which Isobel loves. We walked to the train station and all of the trains were so full that it wasn't until the third one came that I could make it on with a stroller and it was for one that I'd have to get off and transfer to another train. Plus I was running really late to meet up with Jon to drop off isobel before heading to a class I had signed up for that evening. At the stop before we had to transfer, Isobel announced she had to pee. She was able to hold it until the next stop and while we went into the hotel across the street and looked for a bathroom. She did fall on the floor though getting out of her stroller and started to cry. I was feeling really stressed by this time. Jon called just after 6 to see where we were, and I begged him to come get us. He could have just droped me off in time for my class, but I was feeling too stresed so we ran an errand and went home.
On Thursday, Robyn and the kids watched Isobel for us. Isobel and I dropped the car off for Jon so that we could go to gaming and we walked home. Made chicken and roasted veggies for dinner. Had a relaxing evening with Bells.
I took Friday off. I finally made it to one of Isobel's dance classes for this session. It was really nice to see how much she's improved since the last session. She listens and tries to do what the teacher asks. She did keep running back and forth between Jon and I, but that was only because she's not used to me being there. We rented some videos and then headed home. Jon went to work. Isobel and I took a long nap in the afternoon.
Saturday started off raining, so we drove instead of training it to Isobel's doctor appointment. It was just a 2.5 years old check up. Isobel now weighs 25 pounds and is 85 cm tall. She's still small, but following her gorwth curve so there's no reason to worry. We then went to Mountain Equipment Co-op to use some gift certificates I had gotten from work. We all ended up with a new shirt and Isobel got a sun hat. We stopped at Imperial for Free Comic Book day and then headed home. I took a nap. And then Jon took a nap. We then went for a walk and checked out the muddy field across the street from us. And took some pictures (including this one). We found out Jon's Gran was in town until Wednesday morning. Isobel fell asleep easily since she didn't take naps like us.
Sunday was Mother's Day. Isobel and Jon had made me a Mother's Day card. And Isobel made another card, by herself, for my boobies. Did I wean her too early? She's definately Jon's. We tidied up the house a little in the morning, and then headed downtown to visit with Jon's gran while she's here. While there his aunt called and asked if we could drive Gran to her place, and after agreeing, she said that she had some errands to run first but should only be an hour. We ended up grabbing lunch from Baguette Time (not on our diet) and some blueberries for Isobel at 1pm since neither Jon nor I ate breakfast. At 2pm we left for Jon's aunt. And waited until almost 3pm before they arrived home. Isobel napped in the car. Kind of put a kink in my mother's day plans. And gave me the oppurtunity to think about a Snow family potlatch that is happeneing next April and made me realize that I do not really want to go to it. It would end up being approximately 24 hours in the car (there and back) over a five day period, which doesn't sound like fun with a then 3 year old, and it would mean not doing an Easter Egg Hunt at home with Isobel. We had a lot of fun this Easter and I think Isobel will still be at a perfect age next year to enjoy it. So, I can thank Jon's aunt for giving me the time to realize that Isobel and I will be staying in town next Easter; it's up to Jon to decide what he wants to do but I'd prefer to have him spend the time with Isobel and me as she's only little once and I don't want to have him miss out on how excited she gets when she finds an egg. We then headed to Minoru Park for some bunny feeding, picked up some books on hold at the library, and went grocery shopping. Ate chicken and roasted veggies for dinner; Jon really liked the veggies done like that. Jon and Isobel hopped in the bath while I got lunch ready for Monday. I ended up slicing two fingers while chopping a mango for Isobel. Not a good day for me.
Back to work on Monday. Cally watched Isobel for us. Jon and I borrowed some pots from Matt's so now Isobel and I have to transplant some plants this week. I woke Isobel up shortly after picking her up as Cally's grandmother had passed away, and she wanted to get home to check on her mom. Hope their family's doing okay. Jon got home and we ate salmon with too much garlic for dinner - I guess I should leave the cooking to Jon; Isobel had actually filled up on crackers before dinner. Isobel and I took a bath so I could wash popsicle out of her hair. Michelle called us to say that they were home from their vacation in Mexico; Isobel was excited to talk to her.
Tuesday.....
Friday, May 27, 2011
27/52 - Happy Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment