Wednesday Angel came over to watch Isobel for us. They both had colds. They watched Tangled. Isobel wanted to ride Angel's bike. Isobel slept through the night on Wednesday.
After I left for work on Thursday, Jon crawled into bed with Isobel. When she woke up, she crawled over him and out of bed. After waiting for a couple of minutes Jon started to fake cry; Isobel came into her room and said "it's okay I'm here". Robyn and the baby birds watched Isobel for us. After walking them to their car, Isobel and I took the tent and air mattress out of storage. The next couple hours, while waiting to go get Jon from work, were spent listening to Isobel ask me to put the tent up and me telling her that daddy would do it after he got home. We went grocery shopping after getting Jon and then put up the tent.
Since it was Good Friday, neither Jon nor I had to work. We took the Canada Line downtown and had lunch at Fat Burger. Isobel fell asleep on the way. We then met up with Bobby and April and went to Dr Sun Yat Sen Garden. We had great weather. Stopped at New Town bakery before heading home. I think I ended up with Isobel's cold as I was achy and feverish. I ended up going to bed early. Jon and Isobel took a bath and then slept in the tent. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I debated about joining them in the tent, but didn't want to step on Isobel while trying to get into the tent and figured I was still too feverish to actually sleep with them.
On Saturday, we also ventured into Vancouver. This time to do the Cambie Street Easter Egg Hunt with Cynthia and Nicholas. Another beautiful day. Isobel dyed her first Easter Egg at Whole Foods and manged to pick up some extra chocolate. As usual, Isobel had lots of fun with Nicholas and would get upset whenever he was out of her sight. Since I didn't get to sleep in the tent, we decided to leave it up one more night in the living room. I think it was the first time ever Isobel actually asked to go to bed. And she even fell asleep quickly. I on the other hand, did not sleep very well in the tent. Oh well....
The Easter Bunny arrived sometime on Saturday night and when Isobel woke up on Sunday, she was excited to search the apartment for eggs. She actually wanted to find more eggs. The picture is from Easter morning after she collected all her eggs. I think the stamps and Playmobil pandas were a bigger hit than the chocolate, although she does seem to like the chocolate too. We spent the rest of the morning tidying up and playing Angry Birds (Jon downloaded it to the PS3 and I've become a little obsessed). Karla, Amy, Bram, and baby Annelies came over for games and dinner. We cooked a turkey and mashed potatoes, Karla brought yummy carrot cake muffins with cream cheese icing and Amy and Bram brought a salad and buns. We played Ticket to Ride. Isobel did really well with Annelies (who's 6 months already); finding toys for her to play with, handing her things, being very gentle and giving her kisses. We even let her hold the baby for a minute. It was really cute! It was a very enjoyable evening; we'll have to plan something again soon. We put Isobel to bed without a diaper on Sunday night and she did not pee the bed!
We had a lazy Easter Monday. It was raining outside, but Isobel and I ventured out for a bit to splash in the puddles and give Jon some down time. We made turkey shepard's pie and turkey stock. We took a family nap for almost two hours. Karla dropped off some yummy homemade stuffing for me. Jon and Isobel took a bath. Isobel took a really long time to go to sleep. Looks like I need to stop the weekend naps. Isobel did not wear a diaper and did not have any accidents. We put her to bed without a diaper again.
Tuesday was back to work. Easter was really late this year, but I really like extra long weekends! Cally was sick, so Jon took some time to watch Isobel and picked me up at 2pm. Isobel and I painted on the patio in the afternoon.
Friday, May 27, 2011
25/52 - Happy Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment