I've been sick all week.
On Wednesday, we picked up Jon after work and headed to Ikea for dinner and shopping. We bought Isobel an early Christmas present (shelves for her toys); she had a blast helping putting it together once we got home.
On Thursday, Jon ended up getting sick so he stayed home from work. Robyn and the kids still came over so that Jon was able to nap. After I got home from work, we picked up Angel and headed to Park Royal for some Christmas shopping.
I went into work on Friday, but called Jon to come pick me up early as I was starting to feel worse (I think I pushed myself a little too far during the week with this cold). He had called in sick again as well. We both alternated taking naps and then went grocery shopping. We picked up some outdoor Christmas lights for our balcony while shopping. In the evening I baked a batch of peanut butter blossom cookies for a bake sale at work.
Saturday was baking day. We made mini apple jar pies, sugar cookies, Jon's evil brownies, and coconut ice for the bake sale. We also managed to put up our Christmas lights. In the evening, we watched the baby Birds at our place while Robyn and Raven went to a work Christmas dinner. Cordelia and Isobel had fun jumping on our bed. Isobel was thrilled as she got to watch a lot of Dora with Mason. Both of the girls were really tired, but wouldn't go to sleep until Robyn got back.
On Sunday, we finished decorating the sugar cookies in the morning, and then took the sky train downtown. The plan was to drop off some stuff at Angel's place before heading to Stanley Park to get tickets for the Bright Nights miniature train and then hang out at the Art Gallery until our train time. It took almost an hour to walk to the Stanley Park ticket booth and by then I was exhausted. Isobel slept in her stroller most of the walk. So we decided to get tickets for the first train ride (3-3:30pm) instead of waiting to the 4:30-5:00 time slot when the sun would have been down. That gave us a couple of hours to kill only, so we headed over to the Aquarium since it's been a while since taking Isobel there, and it would be drier than wandering the park. Since I have free passes to the Art Gallery from work that expire at the end of the year, I'd really like to go another day. Isobel really enjoyed the aquarium and than had a lot of fun on the train. The picture above was taken while we were waiting to get on the train. We were on the first train that day and I think it was the perfect time slot for Isobel; not as much waiting as last year and it was dark enough with all the trees to see the lights but not too dark. As she gets older, we'll start going later though. And we got home just as it was getting dark out.
I got up on Monday and brought all the baking with me on the skytrain into work. Helped set up for the bake sale, and then started to feel really sick - too hot, headache and wanting to be sick to my stomach. I managed to get hold of Jon before he left to meet up with Cally to hand off Isobel to her, so he called and cancelled with her and then came and picked me up. I laid on the coush until Isobel stated asking for something to eat. Made her mac and cheese; ate some myself so I'd have something in my stomach, pulled out the couch into it's bed form, and settled down to watch Dora with Isobel. When I started falling asleep on the couch, I gathered us up and headed to my bed where I forced Isobel to nap with me. Despite listening to "me no tired" she eventually fell asleep and we napped for just over 90 minutes.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
6/52 - Bright Nights!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment