Mike and Julia had a baby boy on Feb 15th.
Jon and I were still really sick on Wednesday and didn't make it into work. Isobel was feeling much better, and while she liked having us at home, she wanted us to play with her more than we were able to.
We both went back to work on Thursday, although not for full days. Jon left early to take Isobel to her doctor's appointment and I met them there after work. Isobel's ear is all cleared of her ear infection and Jon and I seem to be on the mend. That evening, while Jon was putting Isobel to bed I broke out in hives.
It was Jon's Friday to start late. Somehow we both made it through work; although I was really miserable.
On Saturday, we picked up my new glasses. Went to a doctor's appointment to check out my hives and then headed downtown to Dr Sun Yat Sen Garden and Park to get Isobel some much needed sunshine. Cynthia and Nicholas met up with us. Isobel had a blast with Nicholas and Cynthia told us that Nicholas had told her that him and Isobel got married. While it was sunny out, it was really cold and Isobel's nose was running. We also checked out a bakery that April and Bobby recommended (it was very yummy) and Jon bought Isobel a couple of really cute Chinese style dresses (I'm looking forward to getting some nice pictures of Isobel in them).
Sunday was swim lessons. Jon went in the pool with Isobel. And she did a much better job of listening and trying to do what the instructor asked. This weeks topic was jumping in the pool. And while Isobel seems to prefer to take the safer method of getting into the pool, she did try as long as one of us was holding her. Things went downhill after swim lessons. Isobel was crabby and argumentative. Jon went gaming at Drexoll Games and after a while, Isobel and I headed home; the entire car ride was spent listening to her say "me no wanna go home". It was a very long afternoon. Got some cleaning done in the afternoon/evening. Isobel ended up with a bad case of diarrhea and we suspect that she may be lactose intolerant like Jon.
Back to work on Monday. Cally watched Isobel for us at Matty's. It was starting to snow when I picked her up, so we didn't stick around too long for a visit. We had salmon loaf and lactose free scalloped potatoes for dinner. Isobel seemed to like it. We're going to try to avoid lactose foods for a week and then slowly introduce them back to confirm our theories about Isobel's lactose issues.
Cally watched Isobel for us again on Tuesday. Isobel and I got home and played until Jon got home from work. I was hoping to get dinner started, but Isobel wanted attention and told me that daddy could make dinner tonight. So Jon made lactose free alfredo pasta. I actually liked it; normally I'm not a big alfredo sauce person, and Isobel really liked it. Will definately have to make this again soon.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
16/52 - Enjoying the Nice Weather After Being Sick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment