On Wednesday, Jon called me to say that Isobel wasn't feeling well and had a fever. He came and got me from work early with Michelle and Ashley who had come over to watch Isobel for us. Since they had given Isobel some Tylenol we went to the mall and let Isobel play with the plastic houses. We then went home and watched "Despicable Me" while Isobel fell asleep on me. The movie was really cute. After getting Isobel up and ready, we picked up Jon from work and met up with Michelle and Ashely's parents at the Pho place I like. Isobel complained about her ear, so I tried to call her doctor's office but it was already closed. While at work in the morning, I got a phone call that Trisstan had had a baby girl that morning, Kyla Marie 5lbs 13oz; she was about a month early. Because Kyla's brother has the stomach flu and Isobel has her ear infection we're waiting for a bit before meeting the new baby.
I had taken Thursday off for an eye doctor appointment. We headed out first thing in the morning. My eyes have gotten better. I had told Jon I wanted him to go with me in case I got drops and to help pick out new glasses. He assured me that I would not get drops, but I ended up with drops. I picked out glasses and picked up a pair of baby sunglasses for Isobel. Jon managed to get Isobel a doctor's appointment in the afternoon. We went home, Robyn and the kids came over for a visit and Jon went to work. Isobel and I sky trained it to her appointment and she threw a temper tantrum on the way to the train. Having a two year old is a lot of fun sometimes. The doctor confirmed that Isobel's left ear was clear, but the right was a bit red and starting to get another infection. So we ended up with a different type of medicine and headed back to Richmond. Isobel decided she didn't want to go home, I wandered around the bookstore while she slept in her stroller waiting for Jon to get off. I finally headed to Jon's work to walk home with him and shortly after arriving got a home call from him asking where we were; he hadn't got my message to come meet us. So he drove to pick us up. I was then cranky so Jon ordered us dinner from Foggy Dew and picked it up.
On Friday, I was back to work but it was my week to leave early to watch Isobel. Somehow I managed to get her to take an almost two hour nap in the afternoon. When Jon came home, Isobel was so excited to give him his Valentine's card. She also ended up getting her Valentine's present early - a Smarties Heart and a board game. She was really excited about the board game and wanted to play it right away. And what we ended up playing was pretty close to the actual rules. She won.
On Saturday, we started out to go to the Chinese garden in Vancouver, but after walking past our driveway realized it was too rainy outside. So we headed to the video store only to realize that the one we went to was not open and no longer open for renting. After eating breakfast, we headed to a different video store. Rented some videos for the evening and then headed to the mall to get Isobel some sushi beans and pick up something for Trisstan and Dave's new baby girl. Went home and started watching some videos. We ended up taking a nap; Isobel slept for over two hours. Since it had stopped raining we went for a walk to return some library books and feed the bunnies. It's been a long time since we feed bunnies and Isobel was super excited to see them. Unfortunately, it gets darker faster than I remembered and we ended up leaving quickly to get home as it was already dark by the time we made it to the park. Jon had bought Isobel "Toy Story 2", since she liked the first one. We watched that and then put her to bed. Jon and I then had our Valentine's date and watched "Easy A" and "The Social Network". When Isobel woke up in the middle of the night, I crawled into bed with her. She now has a deep cough and I seem to have gotten it as well.
We decided to skip Isobel's swim lessons on Sunday since we were planning on taking the train and walking (due to road closures near the pool for the day), but figured it would be better for her ear to not be out in the cold with wet hair. And we all ended up feeling sick. I napped a lot during the day. We had no hot water as the tank in our building broke the day before, so we heated up some water on the stove and took a quick shallow bath. I went to bed shortly afterwards. Jon put Isobel to bed for me.
Monday and Tuesday we were all sick; mostly Jon and I though. Having two sick parents and a toddler who's on the mend is not a lot of fun. I am so sick of getting sick. I was taking vitamins, but apparently, they didn't help. Any other advice on avoiding getting sick?
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
15/52 - Happy Valentine's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment