Tuesday, February 8, 2011

14/52 - 27 Months Old

On Wednesday, Isobel seemed better. Michelle watched her for us and reported that Isobel was hyper and told her that she loved her so much (which made Michelle's day). Jon left work early as I was supposed to go to a work dinner but cancelled as Isobel had been sick the day before. We went grocery shopping and then came home and watched "Toy Story 3" which I had borrowed from a coworker. And then put Isobel to bed. Jon and I watched the first episode of "The Walking Dead".

Thursday was Chinese New Year and Mason's fourth birthday. Robyn and the baby birds came over to watch Isobel. And this time Isobel ended up with diarrhea for Robyn and was clingy again. On the plus side her and Cordy got along a little better this week. In the evening, we took Isobel's 27th month old pictures with penguin and played in the tent. Jon packed up the tent while Isobel and I were in the bath tub. Put Isobel to bed and then Jon and I played a couple of board games.

Friday morning I was trying to find my glasses before heading to work. After searching the usual places I normally leave them, I remembered leaving them in the tent after taking pictures and before cleaning up dinner and taking a bath with Isobel. Since Jon took down the tent, I woke him up to see if he had removed them first. Since he didn't know they were in there he didn't. We found my glasses in the tent snapped in two. At least I can still see without them, but it's still very annoying. After taking Isobel to dance class, Jon handed Isobel over to Brett and his niece Kayla for part of the day. Isobel had a lot of fun with them. Brett picked me up from work and drove us home. Since the sun came out in the afternoon, Isobel and I did some finger painting on the balcony. Isobel really likes finger painting and was annoyed when it was over. We took a quick shallow bath to wash the paint off, played a bit, decorated empty paper towel rolls that she uses as scopes, and tried out a new recipe for dinner - pasta with roasted vegetable sauce (I was the only one to think it was okay, but not great). After dinner headed to Save On More to pick up the few grocery items that weren't at the other store on Wednesday. Jon ended up buying Isobel a Dragon and Knights Playmobil toy; Isobel loved the dragon so much she brought it to bed with her.

I've decided to unlock this photo, but I'll be updating it throughout the week.

On Saturday morning we got a bit of tidying up done. And baked some banana chocolate chip muffins. Jon went to work (normally he can't work on Saturday but they had voluntary hours this Saturday so he went in). Isobel and I went to the mall and had her hair cut. It's a bit shorter than I would have honestly liked but it'll grow back and it's now where near as short as my hair was once when I was a toddler. Jon met us after he got off work and we headed downtown. Isobel took a nap in her stroller while we wandered around. We then met up with Cynthia and Nicholas to check out the Lantern Aquarium outside the Art Gallery for Lunar New Year. I really like lanterns. This was really cool and well set up; I loved the jelly fish and flying fish lanterns. But I must admit that I preferred the lanterns at Winter Solstice. Saying that, I would still consider going back to the Lantern Aquarium before it closes. We then went for a late dinner with Cynthia and Nicholas at The Cactus Club (I had eaten Japadog earlier, but Jon didn't as he had a late lunch after he finished work). On the way there, Nicholas taught Isobel to throw coins in fountains and make a wish. Not sure if she got the make a wish part, but the throwing money part she understood. We got home past Isobel's bed time and she was really cranky. A few temper tantrums later we were able to get her into bed and asleep. She insisted on sleeping with her new dragon again.

Sunday was a busy day. We had swim lessons in the morning. This week's topic was kicking using the noodle. Isobel was not good at listening this class and did not want to use the noodle. After swim class, we drove to Go Bananas in Richmond for Mason's birthday party. And then Robyn, Brian and Matt came over to watch some of the SuperBowl with us and play some games. After the game was over, and everyone had left, Jon gave Isobel a bath and then put her to bed.

Back to work on Monday. Cally watched Isobel for us. When Matt got home, Isobel had fun making paper airplanes with him (although hers were just crumpled up balls of paper). Had perogies and sausage for dinner. Thought about going to the library but decided to postpone it due to the wind. We modified one of our boardgames to play with Isobel in the evening (she did really good at matching the animal figures to their cards. And yet Auntie April does not like Snorta). Took a bath and then read Isobel a bunch of stories before bed. Once again she insisted on going to sleep with her dragon. She also wanted Kitty, who hid from us and fell asleep somewhere on the couch; after she was asleep I snuck Kitty into bed with her after finding it.

Cally watched Isobel again for us on Tuesday. In the evening, we went for a walk to Richmond Center and the Library. Isobel got her Valentine's present from my parents - Toy Story (which she wanted to watch when we got home). I went to bed early and Jon put Isobel to bed. I also stole the blanket he likes to sleep with last night so I may be in trouble today. Sorry honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment