Wednesday, September 7, 2011

45/52 - First Day of Preschool

On Wednesday, Jon and Isobel headed downtown to Angel's but she didn't hear her door buzzer and didn't answer the door so Jon ended up taking time to watch Bells. They picked me up from work and we went to garden in afternoon to put more dirt on our plot. And plant another row of carrots. We grabbed sandwiches and a screamer for dinner on the way home and then did some grocery shopping.

On Thursday, I was sick. I suspect either lactose issues from the screamer the night before or a stomach flu (which Isobel may have also had). Isobel and I took a really long nap in afternoon and then went into the pool for a little bit. Jon went to gaming in evening; Isobel and I made spaghetti with lemon oil and peppers, onions and peas for dinner. We took a bath in the evening after doing some finger painting.

On Friday, Angel watched Bells downtown. In the evening, we went to the mall so Isobel could play with kid airplane there. Isobel slept with us as she'd been asking to most of the week but I don't want her to wake up when my alarm goes off before 5am, so we had a Friday night sleepover in mommy and daddy's bed.

On Saturday, I accidently stabbed my hand with a pair of scissors and managed to get blood every where. We didn't end up going to emergency but it was close. In the afternoon we went to Alison's baby shower for Alianna.

Since the weather was great, and it rained on Jon's birthday when we had plans to go, we went to Wreck Beach on Sunday. We took the long walk instead of the stairs. Found a great area with a tidal pool and not too many people just down from the main area of Wreck. Isobel had a lot of fun running around and playing. She let the waves chase her and built sand castles. The day passed really quickly, plus we got a lot of great photos of Isobel at the beach. We stopped at a Greek place for lunch in Jon's old stomping ground, but Isobel was so tired out from the beach that she slept on the bench next to Jon. We had time to have a quick shower/bath at home to wash the sand off us before heading to Karla's for the True Blood season finale.

Monday was Isobel's first day of preschool. There's a graduated start, so class was only for an hour and with half the kids. We picked up some sushi and had a picinic lunch at the park near her preschool before going inside. There's only fourteen kids signed up for preschool this year; of wich only four are three years old and eight are girls. Based on the first day, I suspect Isobel is going to love school. She mostly played with a kid sized door and phone at the preschool, but she also made her first art project there - a collage of yellow. Plus she helped clean up when asked and sat really well for circle time; we were both very proud of her. After preschool, we drove Jon to work and then headed home. Isobel and I went for a walk to pick up Jon from work in the evening. Isobel and I were both in bed early.

Tuesday was Isobel's second day of Preschool. I left work early to bring her there and pick her up as class was only for an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment