On Wednesday, my parents ended up taking us out for a Greek dinner in Steveston. It was very yummy, but way too much food. Grandma took Isobel to the playground while the rest of us went to the grocery store. It was a little too cool for Isobel and I fogot her jacket, so Jon wrapped her up under his sweater on the way back to the car.
On Thursday, my parents went to visit a family friend in Langley and spent the night. Robyn and the kids watched Bells. We had people over for pizza and games, although I had to leave and return to work for an hour to deal with something.
Friday was Canada Day. We didn't make it to a parade as I had hoped to and Isobel wasn't in her Canada Day t-shirt for very long, but it was still a nice day. After my parents arrived home, we headed out to Chilliwack for the day to do some visiting. Stopped at the barn from my dad's childhood and took a few pictures. Had a lovely visit with my best friend and her family. Got to see my second mom and other sister and her new baby (for the first time even though she was born in February) too. Stopped in at my Aunt Joan's on the way home. It was nice to see everyone but it's such a long drive to Chilliwack (if anyone had told me I'd say that 5 years ago I'd had laughed, but now...).
Saturday was Jon's sister's birthday. We went to a birthday lunch at Jon's mom's. She had bought a couple of cute summer outfits for Isobel. After lunch, we attempted to go to Jericho beach (as we had told Isobel the day before that we'd take her to the beach that day), but there was no parking to be found. Now the the nice weather has finally arrived, everyone was tryng to enjoy it. We ended up stopping at Nitobe Gardens instead, which was probably the pretty option as it was nice and shaded; plus I had forgotten to pack Isobel's beach toys. And we managed to get a couple of nice photos; although remind me that bribing a kid to stay still for photos with candy has the opposite effect in the long run.
On Sunday, Isobel turned 32 months old. I went into work for a few hours in the morning. When I arrived home, we loaded up my parents van, stopped and grapped some sushi to go for a picnic lunch, and headed to the beach. We decided to check out Centennial Beach as I'd read good things about it on some family orientated sites. I really liked the beach and would like to go back this summer. We decided to take Isobel's monthly photo with penguin at the beach for something different. In the evening, Jon and I went to Karla's to watch True Blood.
On Monday, we were back to work. Cally watched Isobel for us. Isobel chose to nap instead of going outside. Mom and dad went to Lonsdale Quay. Isobel, mom and I went to the clubhouse for an afternoon snack picnic and to dip our toes in the pool.
On Tuesday, Isobel stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa; she was stuffed up and asked to take a nap (and slept for about 2 hours). My parents took us out for sushi dinner as my dad really misses good sushi while he's at home. In the evening, Isobel, Jon and I went to the library to return some books, take some more books out for Bells, and then did a little bunny hunting in the park.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
35/52 - 32 Months Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment