Tuesday, August 9, 2011

34/52 - Visiting with Grandparents

On Wednesday, we met up with Jon's Gran, Aunt Star, Jeff, and Louise for dinner at The Spaghetti Factory in Vancouver. It was a nice visit.

On Thursday, Grandma took Isobel to have lunch with some of her old co-workers. In the evening we headed to Park Royal. Isobel got her early birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa - Playmobil Zoo.

On Friday, I had the day off. Isobel and I took Grandma and Grandpa bunny hunting in Minoru Park. In the evening, Jon and I went and saw Bridesmaids; I can not remember the last time I went to a late movie.

On Saturday, the rain ruined out plans so we headed to Ikea for lunch and some shopping. Grandma and Grandpa got Isobel her early Christmas present - storage shelves for her zoo and other toys. Jon put it together, with Isobel's help, when we got home. Jon and I had another date night and saw the Screaming Chicken's Burlesque Show.

On Sunday, the weather cooperated and we were able to head to Dr Sun Yat Sen Garden to take some pictures. In the evening, Isobel took Grandma and Grandpa down to the pool to dip their feet in; however, Isobel fell into the pool and Grandma went in after her. They both came upstairs in soaking wet clothes. In the evening, Jon and I went to Karla's to watch the first episode of True Blood.

On Monday, Cally and Michelle watched Isobel for us. Jon forgot Matt's keys (normally, Cally has them) so had to drive them to our place to watch Bells there and then I drove them back when I got home. Cally put really cute french braids in Isobel's hair. My parents spent the day visiting with one of my dad's brothers and his wife. In the evening Jon, Isobel and I went to the library (we took out Ladybug Girl which Isobel is really enjoying listening to) and did some bunny hunting in Minoru Park afterwards (we saw 8 bunnies).

On Tuesday, my dad visitied with one of his childhood friends. My mom took Isobel to the mall and after Isobel telling us for 24 hours that she no longer wanted to get her hair cut, she asked Grandma if she could get her hair cut. She now has bangs again and the rest just got a trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment